1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head selected to USA Select Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by QdoubleA, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

On a serious note, if Luther does perform well, it's not like GM's are all there watching those individual performances. Oh who am I kidding.. Luther blows.

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

See its those kinds of comments that irritate me. Though you may just be "punning" he has major flaws, but he isn't a truly terrible player.

If we had played Denver or Golden State in the playoffs he wouldn't have done nearly as poorly in them the last two years. He's just a matchup nightmare against the Jazz.

I am with wnba (which doesn't happen often) I hope he does well and gets some confidence to prove that he is better than everyone says.

Even though I do think his name sticks out in that group. His name makes you go... What?? when you compare it to the other names on the list.

3. ucsd

ucsd Rookie

you know the US team need to get familiar with those Chinese guards who cant dribble and cant shoot and cant pass to Yao before they start play against China. :D

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Exactly. This is good news for Rocket fans.

5. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Any chance this is actually Morey's work? I mean, I don't think the junior team really means much anyways other than the senior team's punching bag.

I have a feeling that Morey probably convinced the board or whoever picks the roster to pick up Head. Especially with the "minor" trade in works. Go Morey!

6. Lovemachine2000

Imagine if the Rockets could trade Head for one of the other players on the list... Bring Iggy or Horford to Houston, and I'll pay for Head to get elite head.

7. sook

sook Rookie

i agree...but i haven't been too enthusiastic about him lately i thought he was gong to be the next big thing after strong rookie and sophmore performances

8. robby_33

robby_33 Member

Doesn't anybody remember how good a 3pt shooter luther has been?

The "Select" team is there as practice fodder for the US team, to imitate the countries they will be goin against, who will be shooting a lot of three's...

NOW do you understand??

is Head, is Good :) Leave him alone :p

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I had the exact same thought. I mean, maybe Stuckey and Green are a tier below the rest of those guys - but Luther shouldn't even be in the same league.

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I don't know who pulled this off, but i'm happy for head. This only increases Head's trade value, which for us is a good thing. Dude shrinks like white cotton in a hot water.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Congrats Head.

12. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

Correct me if I am wrong here...they are just selected to practice with the Olympics team, right? I don't think they are going to participate in the international competition.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

#1 i want to watch some of these games.

#2 i dont think head is even close to as bad as you guys make him out to be.

14. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I'm assuming by that you mean, the Jazz is a nightmare for him to go up against. Because I don't think he was a nightmare against the Jazz. Unless I'm reading your post wrong.

Anyways, assuming that's what you mean.. wouldn't the REAL team USA be much much much more of a nightmare for Head? I don't have to try hard to imagine him choking even harder against this team, hence having him there might just be useless. Oh well, you never know.. the International 3pt line is like college 3pt line so he might have a shot.

15. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Head was actually selected to be the towel boy.

16. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

17. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

You think he might actually miss while handing out the towels to the players during big moment timeouts?

18. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

If Luther Head ever saw this thread he'd probably kill himself.

19. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Im sure they ask him to place the towels on the players shoulders. He is banned from passing anything.

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Wrong. He is truly a horrible player.