1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head has to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ktvoss, May 3, 2008.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I wanted Luther Head out before the season started.

His regular season performance last year gave him a little value. We could have fooled a lot of teams. Unfortunately, he fooled us. Now, I don't care if they just cut him.

2. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Never thought I'd be turning down some Head.

3. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Budinger is a nice athlete, but he lacks the aggressiveness you need to be able to consistently score in the NBA. Talent is not the guys problem; he just defers way too much (atleast that has been the case in college).

4. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I really love Head.

That being said, yes, trade Luther.

5. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

I agree. Time to get someone else. We've had enough Head.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

the heart of our team...can go out their and dunk it, the heart of our team never gives in...

remember when luther dunked it over turiaf and nowitzki last season??

what happened to that??

7. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I will be sorely disappointed if Luther Head is in a Rockets uniform next year. Get rid of him!

8. mms

mms Member

We still can use Head in the next regular season and get rid of him before deadline to maximize his trade value.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Luther Head = one of the highest scoring 6th men in the league next season

For the Bobcats, T-Wolves or Heat.

10. poprocks

poprocks Member

Yep Head has got to go. He needs a fresh start on a different team. I think he's better off the dribble and running a set offense. The read and react doesn't work for him. Aside from that he needs to play off ball and be paired with a guard who can really handle the rock. Something Head is not good at.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i thought he left, i didn't see him in this series v. utah.

did i miss something?

12. mister pc

mister pc Member

he doesnt seem to be good for much

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

For those who think Green is better than Head, think again. There is a reason why the worst team didn't want Green while Head is a rotation player on a playoff team.

Green is an athlete, not a basketball player. Can he learn to play? Who knows. More than one teams have already given up on him. Looks like he has work ethic issues.

That said, I do think we need to upgrade the backup wingman role. Head just doesn't cut it mostly because of his size and his lack of handle. In this league, if you are small, you'd better able to handle the ball and pass and shoot. Luther can do only one of those three things well. And the only backup Battier had was TMac.

14. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Luther has been shell shocked since he has been with this organization....I agree, if he hasn't progressed in three year we definitely need to look at our backup shooting guard situation

15. fayesun

fayesun Member

i totally agree

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

..................yep, we're dead.

17. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Head with a bunch of expirings for a backup center?

18. dookiester

dookiester Member

by the same logic, there must be a reason why luther head is still on the team then.

the timberwolves are the only ones that gave up on green. the celtics shipped him with al jefferson to get kevin garnett. i dont think the rockets gave up on him; they brought in mike harris because landry went out and needed size. the numbers game (contract and roster limit) forced them to choose and they obviously chose luther head over green for the backup 2 spot. those of us wishing we had green instead simply think they made the wrong choice.

i usually hate playing the 'what if' game but given how poorly luther performs in the playoffs (and against any team that doesnt run small guards) i can't imagine green being worse. as lost as head was out there i can't imagine green being more lost. as poorly as head shot i can't imagine green shooting worse. as badly as luther played defense i can't imagine green defending worse. so if green is as unrefined as people say he is, he might have turned in the kind of performance luther head did. but at there would be hope that he could do better. and i guarantee he wouldn't botch a 3 on 1 fastbreak by getting blocked by korver. if luther's supposedly superior basketball IQ can't help him finish a 3 on 1, give me the athletic, purportedly low IQ green any day.

19. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

As poor as Luther Head as been, he will at least get a spot on another team....something Gerald Green is struggling to do.

20. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

no way kobe just got mvp, maybe if his value hadnt sky rocketted.