1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head has to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ktvoss, May 3, 2008.

1. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

To me Luther should have been gone a year and a half ago. He's a tweener that can't play D and he's a turnover machine with poor decision making skills. But, he can shoot and score and that will keep him in the league. We just don't need him.

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Thumps and thumbs -- thumping Luther and giving him the "you're out" thumb.

3. trugoy

trugoy Member

luther needs to be paired with tmac, not relieving t-mac. That's the major issue, if he and alston or bobby J are on the court at once, size becomes an issue and the better teams like Utah will basically pound you into submission.

He really needs a better PG to be effective, rafer and BJ are basically not good enough to make him effective. Remember the reason why we draft him is that deron williams made him look real good.

4. owenkid

owenkid Member

luther is kind of like Ronald Murray, rockets don't need him anymore. His career will be definitely extended in another team next season.

5. dookiester

dookiester Member

any time a shooting guard needs someone else to make him effective you're in trouble. he's a shooting guard, he's supposed to be able to score on his own/

as for gerald green, i was saying he wouldve been a better backup all along. its not like luther head plays smart basketball. even if green made the same bad decisions out there and got just as lost on defense, he'd be a bigger attacking threat and wouldnt get rocked in the post by kyle korver. but some people insisted he must have been useless if the rockets cut him. it was just a numbers game and unfortunately green's number got called instead of head's.

6. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Don't get your hopes hight about Green, he couldn't get minutes in the worst team of NBA, for reasons...

7. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

the key question is?
    what are you going to get for him?

if anything they should wise up and waive steve francis.

8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

do you think we could trade him for Kobe??

9. RareAir

RareAir Member

Luther is done. There's no room on the the team for anyone that plays scared. How does having Yao make Luther a better shooter? He had open looks all series long. HE EVEN GOT TO THE BASKET.....and blew layups.
    I'm done with Luther.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

We don't see anymore undersized guards. We already have Jackson, Brooks and Francis that could be coming off the bench. It won't hurt to finally get a true backup swingman. That guy is the one and only, Gerald Green. :D

11. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

Any idiot who is defending Head on account of the absensce of Yao -

Luther Head sucked last year too... And like its been said, getting blocked, sometimes even by the rim or bottom of the backboard, EVERY SINGLE TIME, is not because you dont have your best center.

12. opticon

opticon Member

Green has a much higher upside then Head. Green is younger more athletic plays better D and is much better out side shooter then people give him credit for.

Gerald will Pull a Mike Harris and be back with the team. I hope we can do some kind of draft day trade and get Luther the heck out of here we have given up on better players then Luther. It is time for him to go maybe he can find a place on the suns or grizz where teams jackup up threes and dont play an D.

Boy it feels good to get that off my chest!

13. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I just think Luther is having his bad period. With that said...I think we need to trade him not because of his numbers, but his hieght and strength level.

We need an athletic swingman. Ronnie Brewer is 6'7, Joe Johnson is 6'7, Kobe Bryant is 6'6, Ray Allen is 6'6, Mike miller is up there as well

SG are getting taller and taller. We need to upgrade.

14. bbinchina

bbinchina Member

i can't see any reason we should keep this guy in our team, i don't even wanna talk about his name. i don't know what he's thinking on the court! OH, my, i don't wanna see him any more.

15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Luther's playoff performances is like getting head after marriage, non-existent.

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Green > Head

The rockets should sign Green this summer.

17. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

I confess.....I defended Luther in the other thread big time....but now, i change my mind. He chokes in the big games and plays like he is still a rookie making so many mistakes. We need a taller backup SG to replace him.

18. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Trade his ass to Japan

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Watching Luther holding his head after missing the shot and landing on his cranium...made me scream "GET OFF THE COURT THEN YOU PANZY"

morey needs to ship him with several other scrubs

20. Egghead

Egghead Member