1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head cant pass

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AMS, Mar 1, 2007.

1. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I just wanted to let that out... He cant pass. He is one of the worse guards to pass for the rockets in recent memory. He's got a nice shot. But please Head, Do NOT pass into the lane, outside the lane, or anything that isnt a handoff.

Cuttino Mobley, Shandon Anderson, Charlie Ward, Bob Sura, Derek Anderson, Brent Price, David Wesley, Alston, JL3, Vspan,Steve Francis, Tyronn Lue , Reece Gaines, dickerson, Snyder, Sam Mack, Andre Barret... EVEN MIKE JAMES could pass better than him...

[​IMG]
    stick to shooting open jump shots

2. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Disagree that Mike James can pass as well as Head. I think between Head and Alston our PG spot is pretty set for the future.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

You must be out of your damned mind. Head is a decent undersized 2 Guard, but he absolutely suck donkey nuts as a point.

4. chiorsung

chiorsung Member

you must be kidding me. MIKE JAMES is farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better than head on passing. Luther head now is just a turnover machine. JVG, please give VSpan a shot!!!!!!!!!

5. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

How would we know? Mike James doesn't even pass.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Head is one of the worst passing guards in the league. He might be THE worst out of guys who get 20+ MPG.

The only position that is less set for the future might be PF only because Howard is 105 years old and we know Hayes can't play a full game due to foul problems.

Luther is clutch, no doubt. The problem is that if he isn't making a big shot he is killing us with his YMCA ball-handling and passing skills.

7. Champ06

Champ06 Member

That why he is a good point guard with low turnover. :D

8. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

:D :D :D
    Awesome

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Court vision and the ability to make things happen cant be taught. Seriously, its not something you really develop past college. So he is what he is. We all knew it too. So why bring it up?

10. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

HAHA so true! Thank god we have two pass first PGs. :cool:

#10 TTRocket, Mar 1, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Why bring up anything? Why post that post? Why post about the rockets, they will either win or lose, your posting wont affect it one bit...
    :rolleyes:

to rant, duhhh

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

luther can't do a lot of things. he can shoot really well but right now he's nothing more than a short matt bullard.

i think he has more ability than he displays and he holds back his athleticism which confuses me even more. he's frustrating at the least.

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Head = the more athletic version of Damon Jones

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Err... I was kinda just inferring to how obvious it is that he cant pass. I guess you cant tell since words dont display tone... But damn you are cranky.

15. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

People bring up certain things that are INTERESTING and that CAN BE DEBATED!

How in the world can we have a debate about Luther Head's passing abilities? Anyone with an ounce of basketball IQ that has see the guy try and do anything other than shoot the ball knows his passing ability and ball handling are not why he is on the Rocket's squad.

Therefore, like the other guy hinted at, this thread is pointless.

OWNED! .... J/K!

16. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

and chicken can't fly, so get over it.

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

seriously.. i think we all know this. he's a bad passer. oh well. he ain't gettin better this year.. hopefully someone can swap his brain out in the offseason

18. dookiester

dookiester Member

since we all know this, why is he still the primary backup at point? during the celtics game, snyder brought up the ball a couple times. snyder and head on the court did pretty well together. granted, we lost the game, and it was only one game, but i remember us going on a little run with those 2 out there. bringing bonzi off to spell tmac, snyder off to spell battier, and head off to spell rafer would let those guys get more rest (i think they've been playing the entire 1st quarter and then some lately). let snyder or bonzi bring the ball up and just have luther sitting at the 3 pt line like he's used to. if teams try to take advantage of the fact that we've got non-points guards bringing the ball up, we'll have a great 3 point threat waiting for the open pass. snyder and bonzi have the size to see over a trap; luther does not.

19. battousai

battousai Member

we all know head's job is not primary passing guard. That's why JVG wanted him to play SG and really really don't want him at PG, but if no other choices.

Head is a catch and shot type of player will little ability to creat his own shots. Plus, he is still learn how to become a backup PG.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

And Alston can't shoot, which gives the Rockets a great "can't pass--can't shoot" guard combo. In other news, Hayes isn't tall.