1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luol Deng

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 6, 2017.

?

Deng on the Rockets

1. Get it done Morey

71 vote(s)
    38.6%
  2. Luol are crazy, No

113 vote(s)
    61.4%
  1. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

He repeatedly leaked stuff to the press covering the team and didn’t want his name attached to it. He repeatedly played both sides in Chicago. He did the same thing in Cleveland as well.

#61 Nook, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    saleem likes this.
  2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This... Deng is washed up... heck you might as make Joakim Noah a trade target as a backup or staring C if that's the case.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

What a load of crap....
    Do u know they guy personally? You seem to make a lot of assumptions about his motivations... thinking he would take half as much money to get playing time... says who?
    Obviously, I didnt sit in on his meetings in free agency... but I'd be willing to wager that he took the fattest contract - as opposed to taking less money where he could have a guaranteed role...
    I'd bet dollars to donuts (no DMo reference) that if Deng had showed up at Morey's door offering to take half his value if he was guaranteed the starting job - Trevor woulda been on the next bus outta town...

Overall point being... he signed the contract - stfu and honor it - period! That means being a TEAM player and accepting your role - whatever that may be!
    I can do without some millionaire doing the Ron Harper 'I'm in prison sob story' - while getting paid more than 99% of the rest of us!
    He needs to appreciate the blessed life he has - for playing a GAME - instead of being a little b****!

4. mockster

mockster Member

Only if he’s waived. His contract blows. If Troy Williams is just gonna sit on the bench then yeah he’s a good pick up for insurance

5. MONON

MONON Member

Deng won't come here. MDA plays a tight rotation of 8-9 players MAX! Our bench now is PJ, Luc, Nene & maybe Brown. Plus CP3 will be back. Now Deng has only played in 1 game (13 minutes) this season. We'll only have maybe 10 blowout games the rest of the season. I doubt that 5 minutes in ea10 games is his idea of increased PT.

6. fattz

fattz Member

No thanks, his contract is the same as Anderson’s

No just no.

The Lakers are looking to dump this albatross and not take anything back. We will be the same with Anderson sooner than most think.

7. kjayp

Lol... 'sooner than most think'? We were already trying to dump him all off season - and the purported cost was 2 1st rd picks for someone to take on his contract... pretty sure his contract already qualifies as an albatross deal... jus sayin....

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Actually yes I do know him personally and know the type of person he is. Hence my writing what I wrote.
    Like I said(regardless of whether you sat in on his FA meetings) his agent(like most agents) got the deal THE AGENT wanted(thought was best). That's why they have agents.
    So because he is being paid millions or peanuts, he should desire to sit back and be content to smile and not do ****? Not want to work to actually feel like he is earning his money? Alrighty then.
    I'm pretty sure if there's a list of athletes that appreciate the blessed life they have, Deng would be in the top 10. Obviously you don't know his backstory if you have the nerve to say he should appreciate the blessed life he has.
    I stand by what I wrote about some fans and the mentality.

9. ferrari77

I respect your thoughts on what happened in Chicago and Cleveland and what you heard. I'll stand by what I heard/know, that he said stuff directly to the press that he also told the teams he was on. He had no problem being direct and putting his name out there.

10. ferrari77

Exactly, well said re. MDA and the rotation. It would make no sense.

11. kjayp

So he gave his agent carte blanche to sign the most lucrative deal - only to turn around and b**** about his role...
    Then he's gonna undercut the team that gave him that huge contract by complaining to the media and basically eliminating any leverage the team would have in trying to trade him...
    yep, seems like a real stand-up guy... smh...

once again, never mind the fact that he signed the contract.... and as a TEAM player should be willing to accept whatever role the team asks of him... whether thats as a starter or backup or head cheerleader trying to mentor the youngsters... it's not what he wants - contract be damned....
    yep, stand-up guy...

Additionally, it's not even like his lack of playing time is going to hurt his future earning potential... he's 32 and has 3 years left on his contract...

Well I'm sure the Lakers would be happy to buy out his contract for $1.... then he could head overseas and be the superstar focal point of some international team... but thats not gonna happen is it...

No... he'll continue to b****, moan and be a distraction... then he'll wring every dollar he can out of the Lakers to buy out his contract (cause aint nobody trading for that contract)... with aspirations of then being able to take a peanuts contract with a contender - while living large on that Laker money...

I appreciate the fact that you may know the guy and he might be a good guy who thinks he has a legitimate reason to be disgruntled...

but denial is more than just a river in Egypt...

and there are more than 72 million reasons he should - as I said earlier - smile and stfu...

:)

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We need a 4 and better perimeter D, plus mid-range shooting. Deng doesn't fit on the Rockets.

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yep Deng turned into Dung. He'll fit right on the Cavs team of Has beens....

Deckard likes this.
  14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

What does money have to do with anything?

15. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

He's looked pretty washed since joining LA

16. ferrari77

IIRC, HIS ROLE when he signed with the Lakers, was not to sit on the bench and be a cheerleader for young players as they grow up in the NBA. His ROLE was to participate on the court and play. How is that b****ing if he is letting it be known that even though he is assisting the young players on the team and teaching them how to be pro's off the court (and on), he would much rather be playing? It seems to me you're the one b*tching because a player actually wants to play and not just sit on the bench. Almost every player in EVERY SPORT AND EVERY SPORTS LEAGUE feels that way if they have an ounce of pride.

Also, the Lakers have little leverage in trying to trade him so stop that nonsense. Every team around the league knows this already and if they don't then that's great for the Lakers.

Do you even read? Like seriously, have you actually read or listened or watched any of his interviews with Lakers beat reporters? Go do that and find me where he said he wasn't willing to accept whatever role was asked of him. Let me know where you find that.
    FYI willing to accept a role doesn't mean you can't wish, want or answer questions truthfully about your desire to do more or be more...even while playing the role requested of you.

IIRC didn't you write earlier in your post that he was eliminating any leverage that the team would have in trading him? Yet you end by writing that "aint nobody trading for that contract". So which is it? Stop talking out both sides of your mouth.
    Listen I get that you're a Lakers fan hurt by what players like Steve Nash did to your team and its salary cap but you should probably keep in mind that not every player signed by your team or in the league is like a way past his prime Lakers Nash.
    And if you think money is the reason that players should stfu and have zero desire or ambition to get on the court and contribute then I maintain, you place yourself squarely in the category of worst type of sports fan.

Take care.

17. ferrari77

He might be. Or he might just need the right team with a better mix of vets in order to contribute and do his thing.
    Either way, it's not the Rockets.

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Eric Gordon looked washed up too

19. MaliciousMonkey

E God is 28 while Deng is 32

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I don't want Deng, but I don't think that you can blame him for anything that happened in Chicago. They did try to kill him (and almost succeeded).