1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luol Deng to Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vstexas09, Jul 12, 2014.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

read Atlanta may be in mix again

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why aren't we in the mix? Let Cuban overpay for Parsons let's sign this guy ariza Daniels and call it a day.

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

don't have cap space until asik trade goes through.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

I see no official report nor Woj. Misleading title is misleading.

Although would be surprised if he gets only a 2-year deal. You'd think he can wring out a 3rd year with someone.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Yep, it's interesting that he wouldn't even get an option for year 3. 2+1 would make sense, he'd opt out when the cap goes up to 80ish mil and get his last big contract. But 2/20 in a market where Marvin Williams can get 2/14 sounds very low.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Miami is gonna suck.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They won 54 games with Lebron last year. He's probably worth about 15-20 wins. I see them around .500

8. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

I can see Wade and Bosh working.

9. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Kinda awkward being here and having that name, ain't it?;)

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>As of last night, Heat &amp; Luol Deng still significantly apart on salary, sources say. Deng's been turning down $10M/year offers for months</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statuses/488316651121569792">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

Sure it can work... for 50 games. The rest of those games Bosh gets to recall fond memories of his days in Toronto again.

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

heat will suck but will make the playoffs

everyone is forgetting wade will miss half the season and lelayup wont be there to carry the team in his absence anymore

13. Bosh4

Bosh4 Member

I think you'll see a revived Wade next season.

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

strong username to post content ratio

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If they sign Deng they're resigning themselves to mediocrity. That's stupid. You either compete for titles or you're wasting your time. Lebron/Wade/Bosh fell off the rails, Wade gets worse each day - what makes anyone think Deng will help them compete?

I expected more from Riley. If they landed Gasol + Deng or something, yeah, that might be something...

They need to dump Wade. There's just no way he can help that particular franchise anymore. Maybe they can offer him 1yr at $22mil - then do a 3 year deal starting at $6.

16. HCA

HCA Member

They already did that when they made box the highest paid player in the league. The icing on the cake is they will most likely give wade more than $15 million per year and that will do them in. A guy who cant play 60 games and a pf playing out of position who wants to shoot threes instead of bringing down low.

17. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

I don't care about Miami's future, they need to just sign Deng and leave Dallas empty after we match Parson :grin:

18. Major

Major Member

If every team in the league followed that philosophy, the NBA would collapse.

19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I can imagine Morey calling Pat Riley telling him "I cant hold Cuban much longer, HURRYYY!:grin:

20. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Isn't it possible that Cuban told Deng not to sign and he will offer him more after he can tonight when Parsons is matched by Houston.

I don't know if that's legal but I'm sure it happens. Deng has no reason to sign wih Miami if he can wait for Dallas