1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luol Deng: 30 points. Chandler Parsons: 4 points.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jevjnd, Nov 9, 2014.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Very solid bet. I need some coworkers like that.

Everyone trashes Dwight constantly but no one wants to put their money where their mouth is.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Problem with Parsons is he just doesn't show up when you really need him and he is not a complete player regarding to both ends of the court. He can easily be shut down too. Stats and numbers can be twisted to make most players in this league look above what they really are but if just watch Parsons play he never just takes over a game and wins it. I've seen Dirk, Harden, Monta Ellis and Dwight all do this. Ariza to me came closer to doing it in the playoffs with Washington a few games but Parsons is a sometimes I'm up and sometimes I'm down on offense guy and a poor defender.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We'll keep trolling until the media too acknowledge they erred on their valuation of the Mavs and Rockets. Mavs--that they would be contenders and Rockets--that they would take a hit because of who they lost.

1 person likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

So this thread is DEFINITELY NOT about Chandler Parsons. ok, got it.

1 person likes this.
  5. dram1

dram1 Member

OK...for those who keep making the comment that peeps here are "butt hurt" about him leaving or why are worried about an ex-Rocket...No one's worried or butt-hurt, but clearly people do take satisfaction in knowing that a former player is not experiencing success elsewhere. The thing that makes it easy to root for a Parsons flop is that he turned into a complete b.i.tch when he went to little D. Attacked his former team and the entire city. Now, we are clearly a better team at this point, and he is clearly an overpaid player, so I think his attacks were futile. But he still slapped everyone in the face and we remember that...Period...you cant change human nature. Do I hope he starts having back spasms again or a high ankle sprain?...NO...but 1-10 shooting nights are good with me.

2 people like this.
  6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Because he picked the Mavs over the Rockets & because of the club pick with Cuban.

Which is why it's in the Dish

yes

Who?

1 person likes this.
  7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

No, because he attacked the rockets team, the city Houston first. People would be ok if he did not say some stupid things.

1 person likes this.
  8. baubo

baubo Member

I found that curious when I first saw the box score, but then saw that for whatever reason, Carlisle played him in garbage time. Why given that Mavs fans all say he's sick/hurt? I have no idea.

7:40 left in the 4th quarter, Parsons check in. 94-72 Heat.
    Game ended at 105-96. Parsons "leading" the garbage time comeback to erase 13 points off the lead.

9. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

He's wildly inconsistent with his scoring so far this season. Was this the case when he was here? Seems like it may take him a few more seasons to start becoming a more consistent scorer...

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

DM did go after Deng, but he chose the Heat.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lmao +1 for the reference

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

RC played Portions in garbage time hoping he would get a rhythm with more time on the court.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sorry if this sweet video has been posted, but I hadn't seen it yet.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/65NnmIOiT0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  14. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Oh the humanity!

15. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

Seems like half the SFs in the league can outplayed Parsons.