1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luke Scott's future

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Cat, Jul 31, 2007.

1. MaxwellsTemper

Well therein lies the problem... their range is not identical. Lamb's range is not as good as Wiggington's. Lamb can't cover the hole very well.. its the reason he is not an everyday 3B.

2. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Have you seen how slow Twiggy is? And when Lamb was playing regularly, I didn't see too many balls getting past him.

3. msn

msn Member

30 points below the Mendoze line is one hell of a premium. Honestly, I would join the massive throngs screaming about AE or Ausmus if they were "hitting" .170. It's ridiculous.

4. MaxwellsTemper

I never said Wiggington was a speed demon. I said Lamb can't cover the hole.

5. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Maybe if we call up Koby Clemens to man 3rd base, Rocket will resign with us next season. I'm just saying.......

6. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

i dont think it would be a big deal especially with everett. i also think lamb is better offensively and defensively than Ty. Ty hasn't shown me anything other than barely par, half the time.

7. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

thats putting alot on everett. AE already has to cover for Bigg/Loretta's defensive deficiencies.

8. MaxwellsTemper

That is putting a lot on AE.

Say what you will, but Lamb just is not adequate at 3B. That's why he plays the majority of his games at 1B. He can play 3B, but that just isn't his position. I know I keep repeating myself.. but he just cannot cover the hole well. Wiggington isn't a hoover at 3B, but he can at least play there everyday. Lamb can't. I would agree that Lamb is maybe a bit better offensively than Wiggington is, but no way he is a better 3B.

9. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

eh burke is 2nd next year. lamb looked good tonight defensively.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Lamb has looked every bit as good as Wiggington, I don't get that trade at all.

DD

11. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Lamb has looked pretty good defensively all season when he's gotten a chance to play. I have no doubt that he would be more than sufficient at 3B in comparison with Twiggy, especially since we haven't gotten any production from 3B for almost 2 seasons now.

12. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Lamb is a FA and will probably get a tidy raise.

Wigginton is very comparable to Lamb, is cheaper and under control until 2009.

The trade was a money saving move.

13. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Twiggy is comparable but inferior to Lamb. Right now, saving money should be the least of our worries. Pitching is our most dire problem, yet we traded away a pitcher when we should've acquired one instead.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

2 more hits last night......at least he is getting some consistent playing time now.

DD

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I know we need to see what Burke can do at 2B, but can't Wigginton play there as well? If he was our everyday 2B, he'd be one of the best offensively based off his Tampa numbers.

16. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

The problem w/ Twiggy playing 2B is that he has trouble initiating the double play. Being the middle man in the double play is even tougher. I think he would be best at 1B, but we've got Berkman there...

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Well, Scott looked pretty good last night

Even Lane, my least favorite Stro, had a big hr.

Lamb made some great plays at 3rd. I agree that Mo was a better fielder, but I don't think that Lamb is that big of a liability defensively...it's not like Twiggy is a gold glove type 3b.

Definitely not a good trade IMO, as Wheeler should be worth more, but we'll see.

18. T Rex

T Rex Contributing Member

In case anybody was wondering, Ensberg is batting .272 with 3 HRs and 6 RBIs in the 12 games with the Pads.

Nothing great, but better numbers than he was putting up here.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I have been following that as well.

Honestly, I think Garner is a terrible manager for a lot of players....some he lets play too long while others he pulls too early.

He seems to just be meandering along in his decisions....

DD

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That's pretty good power numbers actually.