1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luka Doncic = James Harden

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, May 29, 2022.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Harden is washed and a choker. Deal with it.

And yes Yordan is the best. Glad you’re able to watch the Astros in between your Harden jerk off sessions. What’s your point?

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

I dont see how people can point the blame on Luka for this mess.

Dude just scored 42 10 8 on 68% FG against the Heat. And they still lost smh.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

You serious? Lol. He beat no 1 seed PHX Suns with 3 stars on their team last year.

Even a master chef needs ingredients to make a meal. Not sure why you think its somehow his fault when he is saddled with Kyrie and a bunch of no names. Like seriously Luka is bad defensively everybody knows it but thats why you supposed to surround him great defenders and 3nD wings.

4. Ancient Moabite

Pretty simple, had they won he would get lion share or all the credit, similar to Harden eight year run with Rockets

Each side (credit/blame) is usually overblown on whatever player is the recipient but they go hand n hand like a two sided coin

clos4life and JumpMan like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Sure but you also need context and reasoning behind it. When the team is god awful you supposed to cut the star player some slack. Like when Lebron first left Cavs that team went from Finals to picking in the top 3 lotto. In this case the entire roster is trash outside Luka I think only CWood and Hardy are rotation players on that team.

Even MJ couldnt get past 1st round till he got Pippen but nobody blames him for that.

6. Ancient Moabite

I see where you coming from, but Luka is not winning no titles with great defenders because they rarely exist and the ones out there are locked into contracts, and he needs more than 3&D because come playoff time you are going to need playmakers to assist Luka

I feel that was the main reason they gambled on Irving after nitpicking about keeping Brunson

Those type of playmakers are super valuable in the playoffs

roslolian likes this.
  7. Ancient Moabite

But LeBron still got all the credit when they won, and got blasted by the owner for quitting prior to joining Heat

Its why I said each side is overblown because of situation regarding team structure, Luka got lion share of them advancing deep in last year postseason but in proper context Brunson was the co-star and was big reason why they made it that far as well

lionaire likes this.
  8. Ancient Moabite

But LeBron still got all the credit when they won, and got blasted by the owner for quitting prior to joining Heat

Its why I said each side is overblown because of situation regarding team structure, Luka got lion share of them advancing deep in last year postseason but in proper context Brunson was the co-star and was big reason why they made it that far as well

The general masses ignore the early MJ failures due to how media promotes his undefeated Finals record like he only played six seasons, but the ones who look at career from beginning to end always mention MJ shortcomings prior to Pippen showing up and the powerhouse teams getting old/injured after owning those Bulls teams until they finally broke through

MJ had to take his lumps, it is what it be

#248 Ancient Moabite, Apr 2, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well the diff is Luka aint even 25 he got a lot of time. And he is a skill based player so he can be a star till 35 or even longer imo.

Brunson was def a miss Cuban has this habit of nit appreciating what he has like when he let Nash go for nothing.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  10. Ancient Moabite

Thing is Luka has been playing pro ball for a long time and is not in the best shape (based on eye test), but he is a baller and they have a legit 5-7 year window unless he decides to demand out and go elsewhere, I feel like he wants to team up with Jokic

Then those 3&d/great defenders would be a absolute must with that pairing

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is already a superstar and top 10 player in the league, he doesnt need to do more than what he is already doing its on the Mavs to get him help. Whi cares if he is fat he is better than 99% of fit players in the NBA.

If they dont get him help he will leave and go to a diff team and nobody can blame him for that. He already been doing his part nobody says he should go 1v5 and carry the Mavs to a title singlehandedly.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

damn Luka potentially missing the playoffs? Harden would never

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

Correct! Harden has never missed the playoffs.

clos4life likes this.
  14. Ancient Moabite

Never said he wasn't a superstar/top 10, well there is a thing called salary cap and teams willing to trade or not, its why they went and got Irving for spare parts because of what they envisioned of what was at least a playoff team on Luka alone and Irving could take on the Brunson role which was a lethal duo last postseason for them

I don't care if he is fat or built like Wilt/Lebron, I was just stating the obvious, which being young and fat he will get away with it but as he ages it won't end well, which is why he is having lower leg nicks n bruises right now and he isn't even 25 yrs old

He just better make sure he goes to a team(if he decides to leave via trade request) where they don't have to gut their team just to get him, so its probably better for him to play out his deal and do like Bron and leave as free agent to form a big three, maybe even with Houston since he already proclaimed Green will be a superstar

Nobody going 1 vs 5 will ever win title, best they could do is possibly reach a Finals like AI/Bron did in 01/07 seasons, I don't see Luka doing that with Mavs as solo act, but if they make playoffs with Irving they have a punchers chance

15. MystikArkitect

I've seen a lot of weird folk on CF from the Linbreds to the Sengunatics to the Honcho Huggers but the anti-Harden tribe is probably the weirdest to me.

16. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Lol what? What suns are you talking about? Who are the 3 stars?

That suns team was ass. They struggled to even beat the pelicans. Harden and kyrie were beating teams consistently their 1st year together. Kyrie is an elite player, all memes and narratives aside. Luka cant win against bottomfeeders like the hornets together thats just sad

No team can win with just one guy and luka is showing he cant handle playing with someone else

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

18. i3artow i3aller

19. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

apollo33, clos4life, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member