1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luka and Devin, we’re watching you...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 30, 2021.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

It's not my fault you like mediocrity. Negative stuff LOL. Please, Im giving my opinion of the most optimal way to go about things. If you are mad put me on ignore, me Im not gonna stop posting my opinion to spare your fragile feelings. And grow up with the name calling.

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

The difference is, we have the draft capital and assets to acquire a Booker or Doncic.

In fairness, I should have explained more. But point of the thread is that while we’re in asset accumulation mode, we should be looking at our next “2012 James Harden” trade.

Booker, Doncic, and Ingram are the under 25 stars we should keep an eye on as their situations aren’t looking too good.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Its only that way if Woods turns out to be on the level of Jokic, Embid and Anthony Davis. We dont even know if he's that much better than Porzingus.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Why on earth would Booker leave one terrible organization to play for Fertitta? Lol
    Unless Christian Woods develops into a top 5 player in the league within the next couple seasons I just don't see how we're going to attract a Super Star.

HP3 likes this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

None of the players exposed to the "losing culture" would be around once we start getting foundational pieces so that is irrelevant.

Few teams have been perennially bad without anything to show for it.

Philly went all in on the tank and landed JE and BS, and were set of years.
    Suns got Booker / Ayton, and its still early for them.
    Min got Towns / , but mismanaged their hand
    Kings are just poorly run, as is Charlotte.

This is the only path.

HP3 likes this.
  6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Luka is 21, Dallas has at least half a decade to build around him before he even hits his prime

Pringles and HP3 like this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Thread trends:

Page 1: stuff that has to do with original topic
    Page 2: argue over winning or losing
    Pages after: fight, fight, name call, being shitty

napalm06 and payaso like this.
  8. Pringles

Pringles Member

Totally forgot AD is barely older than Wood. That is definitely... upsetting!

Donovan is a good bet. Trae Young as well. Too early to tell how much more Wood will develop and also how well he will be perceived by other stars, but I am glad we have him than not. Team friendly contract - if we can somehow pull respectable talents around him the next few seasons - the 3rd season of Wood could be where we go all in - in terms of maximizing our cap.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Because everyone wants to play with Nwaba!

ROCK3TM4N likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Like LeBron retires, opens up a max spot - Devin Booker is like naa Calabasas I hol it done for H town

Nook and HP3 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

Or Luka who has a chance to go the biggest market in the league but is like "My heart is with Silas and Christian Wood"

I would love for that to happen so much LOL.

ROCK3TM4N, vlaurelio and tycoonchip like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Sure... why not... when we tank next year and get Chet Holmgren lots of good players will want to play here.

I can dream....

Chet and “Hollywood” Doncic ... that would work.

BamBam and HP3 like this.
  13. Mr. Space City

Why would we want iso heroball, no defense playing, no moving without the ball garbage 3pt shooting Luka and ruin the culture we're building here?

ROCK3TM4N and HP3 like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea and he's fat too....like what?

Mr. Space City likes this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why u dissing CWood like that? CWood is averaging 23 and 10, KaT is 22 and 12. Gobert 13 and 14. Stop acting like he is a scrub, he aint AD but strictly in terms of production he is already an all star level big man.

Rox arent a perennial 9th seed team they just won 4 in a row and a lock for the playoffs this year. This is the type of team a superstar wants to take to the next level like how the Clippers got Kawhi or the Celtics recruited Paul George.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

If Cwood is on the level of Jokic, Embid or AD we dont need a superstar he would already be an MVP candidate by then.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

He's not an All NBA big. And there is dispute wether he's better than KAT or Gobert for sure. He's not a scrub but idk if he's at that level.

Yes they are. No its not. No superstar is coming here to have John Wall as their second best player. Kawhi went to the Clippers because of LA.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Even those guys need help. And other superstars want to play with that level of player.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

You said ONLY if CWood doesnt have to be that level to recruit others. He is already good enough thats why Dipo wants to stay.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

No he's not. And where did you read he wants to say? He turned down 25 mil from Indy. You wanna pay him that much?