1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Trading Sengun? Stop me if you've heard me talk about this one. We're talking #Rockets LIVE right now ...

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Luis Scola doesnt play in the low post anymore?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pge71188, Feb 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

This team, as currently constructed, is a lottery team.

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

Because he doesn't have a player with the court vision of say, a Jeremy Lin to set him up in good position to score in the post.

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

...sitting at 7th seed with a 0.552 winning percentage.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Maybe your right, and maybe your wrong. Difference of opinions. However, anyone who scouts this team and knows about the other guys sitting on bench next to McHale would tell you that there still is alot of talented coaches on that bench next to him.

Sampson should be considered an average to good NBA head coach if he was given the job with another team. JB Bickerstaff is one of the most highly regarded and sought after player development coaches and mentors in the league. Then theres Chris Finch who has done some very impressive things overseas and comes highly regarded as an offensive brainiac.

No offense, but it would be foolish to think that the succes, and failures ride soley on the shoulders of Kevin McHale. Sure he's the one with the final say, gets the blame or praise, but he's only part of the equation. As a whole, the Rockets coaching staff is pretty good.

5. Garner

Garner Member

Luis Scola actually did have Jeremy Lin to set him up. Thats what i'm not getting. This and the "morey regrets cutting him"

No, i don't think morey regrets cutting Lin. I believe, Morey wishes Lin would have flourished on his team, but fact of the matter he didn't.

Thats why you have Lowry/Dragic. Get over it.

Back to the point- Scola is an aging undersized PF; its not going to be all at one time, but this is what the back side of that hill looks like.

6. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

McHale doesn't know how to run the offense.

7. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

Because it's a missed layup or a turnover almost every time.

8. cod

cod Member

Posters here were so sure about that with Parker and Manu too.

9. Garner

Garner Member

Parker is what, 28 years old?

10. Garner

Garner Member

And you also just picked two guards, a position which traditionally has a longer career than a forward.

11. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I have noticed that his turnovers have increased dramatically. He is travelling or getting called for an offensive foul or getting blocked.

The scouting report probably shows to put someone taller on him and he will struggle. Also, don't go for his fakes.

It is disappointing that he isn't performing this season.

12. cod

cod Member

This isn't true at all. It's known statistically that guards experience a massive decline around 30. While 30s are regarded as prime years for big men.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who blames McHale now for Scola's awful play?

14. REEKO_HTOWN

Remember when Scola was good?

15. Garner

Garner Member

I said guards have a longer career, not that they peak later than forwards.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

Rebounds. Something Scola can't do anymore an Hill can