1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

I loved his hard work, but I'm glad I won't have to watch his crappy defense and flopping all over the court anymore. Changing the culture, ship out all the floppers, Lowry gone too.

2. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

I'm going to miss this dude. This was just a dumb decision. He was a hard worker and wasn't overpaid like most of the trash in the NBA.

3. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

This is my first time posting in an appreciation thread. Luis Scola commands my respect and gratitude as a fan of not only the Rockets but basketball in general. He is a true professional and a warrior. He deserved better than this. He deserved better than being tossed aside for the likes of a whiny diva who gets by with incredible God given talents but who does not possess an iota of the same heart Scola does.

That being said, thanks for the memories Luis. You will join the annals of Rockets lore and always be one of my favorite Rockets. I support the team in the good and bad, and am even excited that we are a step closer to finally becoming relevant again. It is just unfortunate that we had to sacrifice someone who truly wanted to be here and was grateful for every opportunity to dawn a Houston uniform.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

One of my all-time favorite Rockets.

I'll be cheering for whatever team he ends up on, with very few exceptions.

5. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YMFSuYICXYA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YMFSuYICXYA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

6. Dandamanz

Dandamanz Member

One of the best acts in Houston

7. Hakeem786

Hakeem786 Rookie

Sad today in Rocketworld. Scola was a class act!

8. hairyangryfella

I'm not a Rockets fan, I just signed up to the forum to try to sell my Scola game worn jersey (thread in classifieds pending mod approval).
    However, even I am stunned by this. Scola was a classy player, who is getting dumped for 'potential'. Massive risk giving up everything for possibly one year of Dwight or a 'chance' at CP3. A real kick in the guts.
    I'm gonna miss him, and I don't even have the kind of attachment that you guys do. I feel bad for Rockets fans today.

9. moreyball

moreyball Member

greatest to ever put on a rockets jersey. Gonna miss you bro :(

10. Pahokee

Pahokee Member

He cared more than anyone on that roster, and you could always count on him playing and giving you everything he had. Sad to see him go.

Thanks, Luis.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What were the toilets for if neither of you used it?

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is a true Houston Rocket. He joined us at a difficult time, and did a great job for us.
    He is my hero. I will miss him a lot. I hope he will win contribute to an NBA championship.

13. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Amnesty the one guy who wants to be in Houston?

This is garbage

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not really, but i'll miss him too

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Wrong.

1 person likes this.
  16. jorgef09

jorgef09 Member

Thanks for everything Luis Scola! Truly one of my favorite players in the last few years. Loved the hustle, work ethic, and the scoops. It really sucks that he had to be let go this way (and that we couldn't at least trade him), but it had to be done to give this team a direction.

I wish Luis well and I'll always root for the guy.

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

they were for jumping over.

18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Other than Yao, my favorite player to join the Rockets since the championship years. Good luck Luis!

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wtf? Lol.

20. Rocketsamballer

Gonna miss his Schumper.