1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Solid hard working player on offense with plenty of heart but a huge liability on defense and a flopping extraordinaire.

For me, it will be easier to watch him flop on the other team now.

2. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

This makes me feel so much better in losing Scola... :rolleyes:

No but seriously, I will miss him. I remember from the last few seasons, when the Rockets couldn't hit any shots and go on those dry spells, he was the only one that could make anything. :(

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

not when he's doing it against the rockets and getting those calls

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f2XjczVt7k8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I made this quite a few years ago, please dont judge from the account name..
    Scola was probably my favourite rocket for the past few years, he just brought it every night.

1 person likes this.
  5. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

he was my favorite player of the past few years...really sorry to see him go and hopes he picks next year's championship team (won't be us anyways)..he deserves it!

6. cocoloco

cocoloco Member

got one just like it autographed too. he was my favorite player. gonna miss you luis. good luck.

7. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

A real Pro....gave it 100% every time on the court. Hard to understand why this is necessary.

8. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

R.I.P. Luis. You'll be missed.

9. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Scola is a true professional. Gave 110% every night, and never complained. You will be missed. If only every player had a heart as big as yours. This one hurts more than the others.

10. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Sad to see Luis scola be amnestied...guys like arenas or injury riddled players deserved that fate not a guy who played in almost every game since coming to rockets...he is a class act and was the most consistent player we had...I will miss the guy in a rockets uniform...true professional who's post game was a thing of beauty...remember how hard it was to fill the pf spot few yrs till he came and was the answer! I can't imagine how he feels, prob betrayed...yeah I know it's not the end of the world but this one hurts

11. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Is this official?

12. rednation98

rednation98 Member

Ill miss his dunks.:(

13. JohnQ

JohnQ Member

No more partying with Bud and no more tango with Scola. Gonna miss that Argentinian tango.

14. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

This one really hurts. He has the longest tenure of anyone on the team. Ill miss you and your scoops Mr. Ice Cream Man.

15. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Aww this is sad for me. We just traded for Luis when I joined the boards under my scola4president moniker several years back. After T-Mac he has been my favorite Rockets post championship era. You will sorely be missed, a true competitor and class act. A salute to Luis, good luck!

16. rocketblood713

REDNATION

Its been a while since I've been on here but losing Scola was the dagger THIS SUCKS !!! :mad:

17. ILoveTheRockets

the end of an era. Rockets basketball is back to where it was when Hakeem left. this sucks.

first yao/tmac, then hayes/battier, now scola...

hope they have some things planned out for the future.

18. ejarts

ejarts Member

Kids should look up to Scola instead of the more famous superstars in NBA. Scola dominated ANYONE and ANY TEAM with simple fundamentals that anybody can learn. Hard worker every game. The definition of consistency.

Sad to see the Ice Cream Man go. He deserves his Jersey hung above Toyota Center, for me. Goodbye. We won't stop cheering for you!

19. psingh34

psingh34 Member

you are sooo right those two guys were awesome .. they gave everything they had

20. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i remember, when we first traded for him, i had this crazy vivid dream in which i was alone with luis scola somewhere in the upper bowl of the TC, and there were huge porcelain toilets in each walkway. even though it was dangerous on those stairs, we took turns getting a running head start and jumping down the steep incline over the toilets. it was super fun. then luis jumped too far over one toilet and fell over the ledge into the lower bowl. of course, this being a dream, he fell right onto the logo on center court. i screamed "LUIS!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!" and ran down to see if he was okay. he had cuts and bruises and a broken arm but other than that, he was alright. i bandaged him up, and he smiled at me. it was the hottest smile ever. and he gave me a huge warm hug and he was wearing a dark blue sweater that looked really good on him.

anyway, i thought he was hot at first...then i saw him play in a game.

you'll be missed luis!!!!!