1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

These appreciation threads always have a strong tinge of irony to them -- but not this on, not for me anyway.

Luis loves basketball the way we fans wish all players loved basketball -- the way we tell ourselves we would love it if we could ever play at that level. The guy is a basketball playing machine and is addicted to it. And his joy for the game pours out of him on the court. The camaraderie he seems to have with the other players on the team always brought a smile to my face.

No matter what team he ends up on (except the Jazz) I will still be rooting for him in a way that I have not rooted for any other former Rocket since Hakeem was running aroung with a purple dinosaur on his shirt.

This is a d**n dirty business when a guy like Luis has to be payed to leave the team. A d**n dirty business.

1 person likes this.
  2. rockets11champs

We love SCOLA ❤

3. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

One of my favorites :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

finally a well deserved "appreciation thread"

1 person likes this.
  5. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Scola and chuckwagon. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

6. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I knew it was coming, but it still hurts like hell. Adios, amigo. And good luck. :(

7. ansfjs73

ansfjs73 Member

^Well said ..

8. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

One of my favorite all time Rockets. Defensive liability but who cared when he gave you so much more on the other end. And every game. HEART.

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Damn, I'm so sad right now. This one really hurts. Great player to watch, never complained and always gave it his all. Reminds me of another recent former Rocket.

10. fallingwaters

fallingwaters Member

Damn...miss ya big fella! a true baller and great rocket!!....good luck!

11. Jimes

Jimes Member

Luis played his heart out and was a great team player. Never complained when his minutes got cut with Landry. Will miss the scoop :(

12. Vivid

Vivid Member

You were a beast. Thanks for being a true warrior for our team. Good luck where ever you go. We may not root for your new team, but we will always root for you.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

y u make me rage?

[​IMG]

14. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I always said we have to get rid of Scola. I think we all have for a couple years but knowing that it's happening is weird. It would be easier on fans if we traded him. I love that he loved playing for Houston more than anyone else on the team.

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Once Luis ends up somewhere we need to post a thread on the fan discussion site of that team letting them know that they need to appreciate Luis -- much like you'll corner the new boyfriend of an ex-girlfriend you really liked in order to make sure he treats her right.

16. darmor90

darmor90 Member

Luis Scola, Lover of Basketball

I wish every player was like Scola. The guy loved the game more than anyone I remember. I hope he goes to a contender. Wish you the best Scola

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Fan favorite. Got the loudest ovation during every starting line up.

18. Oz Rocket

Oz Rocket Member

One of my all time favourites.

Professional to the last, was hoping to see Scola when I visited next season.

Howard (if we get him) could learn a lot on how to play hard and with heart.

19. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Scola...s-c-o-l-a...Scola

He looked like a woman but played like a man

Scola

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

we are going to see this guy go off for other teams as a super solid role player. This is one guy we will really miss.

This one hurts. Hope it is worth it morey. I will shoot someone if he goes to lakers,spurs,thunder,heat,boston and wins championships. True winner.