1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. omgTHEpotential

Scola injured his knee in a friendly game against Brazil. I guess Morey has some fortune telling powers as well.

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I've been trying to delay this for as long as possible, but I guess it is inevitable. As many may know, Luis Scola has been my favorite player for a long time, ever since we got him in fact. I've always admired the passion he's shown for the game. You can tell he puts his heart and soul into every game and he never quits. Those qualities seem rare in a player now a days, but not in Scola.

Scola might not have been the most athletic power forward but damn did he have some good post moves. His flashy array of post moves got him awarded with the oh so fit nickname of the "ice cream man". Every game it was always a matter of how many scoops he was gonna give us, one or two? ;) And let's not forget on the sweet 15-18 footer he could knock down quite regularly.

I know this move of cutting Scola will benefit the Rockets in the hopes to acquire a superstar (Dwight Howard), but this move still is painful nonetheless. Scola will continue to always be a favorite of mine and a true Rocket at heart. Thus he will continue to be Scola Forever.

3. Fefo

Fefo Member

Its really sad when we amnesty a guy who wants to be here to bring a guy who dosent want to be here.
    F**k u morey! I will really miss scolas heart on this team. Moves likes this makes the rockets look like an unclassy organization.
    Good luck luis and thanks for all!

4. opticon

opticon Member

The two headed beast that was Scolandry is officially dead.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Morey killed it. He helped create such a wonderful beast but his own obsession brought about its destruction and we don't know if they even reached their full potential together.

6. diegot143

diegot143 Member

Scola might not have been the most athletic power forward but damn did he have some good post moves. His flashy array of post moves got him awarded with the oh so fit nickname of the "ice cream man". Every game it was always a matter of how many scoops he was gonna give us, one or two? ;) And let's not forget on the sweet 15-18 footer he could knock down quite regularly.

I know this move of cutting Scola will benefit the Rockets in the hopes to acquire a superstar (Dwight Howard), but this move still is painful nonetheless. Scola will continue to always be a favorite of mine and a true Rocket at heart. Thus he will continue to be Scola Forever.[/QUOTE]

ay

7. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

I will miss Scola, he had the best post moves since The Dream Hakeem!

8. WALAWALA

WALAWALA Rookie

you did good.

I won't blame you if you decided to sign minimum with Spurs.

9. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    The NBA's 30 teams have just been notified that Phoenix has won waiver auction for Luis Scola

10. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

Scola and Gortat, potential Rockets frontcourt at one point.

11. TheresTheDagger

12. Chuck_Ferrari

Chuck_Ferrari Member

Scola is the perfect guy for players like Beasley, Mayo, and even Gortat. Effort and heart is contagious on the court.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

NEWSFLASH: Phoenix has just defeated Sacramento as the team closest to the Rockets' AAA squad.

14. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Well, its finally official and my days in Houston are over. It came down a little different that I thought it was going to be, but (more)</p>&mdash; Luis Scola (@LScola4) <a href="https://twitter.com/LScola4/status/224670203362017281" data-datetime="2012-07-16T01:02:05+00:00">July 16, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>It won't change all the great memories I have, you guys make me feel at home for 5 years and I won't never forget that. Thanks to all</p>&mdash; Luis Scola (@LScola4) <a href="https://twitter.com/LScola4/status/224670504840200193" data-datetime="2012-07-16T01:03:17+00:00">July 16, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sad to see him go. I wish him the best of luck!!!

15. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Luis Scola ‏@LScola4
    Now its time to change my twitter picture...

:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Babalooga

Babalooga Member

Classy to the end.

17. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

I can feel tears coming to my eyes...

18. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Lamento que ya no jueges mas para houston, nada va a ser igual.
    Good luck in phoenix and in lodon

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

This guy is pure class.

I'm gonna miss you Ice-Cream Man. :(

20. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That is a true professional and a totally classy dude. You couldn't ask for better. Is he worth $10 mil per season? Absolutely. I'll be rooting for Scola for life. Can't say enough good things here.

Why can't egocentric superstars copy this?