1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola Appreciation Thread?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Mar 13, 2010.

1. BleedRocketsRed

DAMN IT SCOLA. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR CAREER NIGHT AGAINST A TEAM WITH CAPSPACE.

2. Ducky

Ducky Member

Luis seems to be the right guy for Rick. don't trade him....

3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I always love Louise. The Morey love meter has gone up since we found out Scola is a better rebounder and a more capable scorer than Landry. I didn't understand why in the season that Luis didn't close games because his hustle and rebounding skills are better than Landry. I just wished he would DUNK the ball sometimes.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Luis SCCCOOOLLAAAAAAAAA is the man... I think I know which jersey will go up in price..

5. skatbone

skatbone Member

I enjoy watching Scola play. He's the one guy on the Rockets that I track for points and rebounds night in and night out. Before the Landry trade, I was surprised at the inconsistency in the touches he was getting. Against the Nets, I was pleased with the various players hitting Scola on the break and Brooks feeding him in the fourth quarter.

Even when other Rockets have taken the night off this season, he has repeatedly hustled (save that one odd game where he had foul trouble, sat on the bench and scored next to nothing).

Yet he is more than hustle. His footwork is seriously skilled (I'm not saying its fluid or pretty). I get a kick out of his ballerina moves: his 360s (and sometimes 720s!) followed by a scoop shot. They got him got for three seconds in the lane last night when he was in the middle of one of those moves. As Worrell pointed out, at least they didn't call him for traveling as they've been doing lately.

As another poster pointed out (in this thread?), seeing the bench smile-including Hill and Jefferies-and take pleasure in Scola's accomplishment last night was meaningful. That kind of reaction is something that can't be accounted for in the box score. Hopefully, his performances will be an inspiration to the other guys as they dig in down the stretch and into next season.

6. Rockets Tehk

Rockets Tehk Member

My girl loves Scola, mainly because he is from Argentina, and she was going to make her own Scola jersey lol. Go Scola! Go Rockets!

7. amaru

amaru Member

I think that b/c Landry often turned into "Mr. Fourth quarter" in the 4th quarter, Scola got lost in the shuffle. Adelman was probably reluctant to play them both at the same time because neither is what I would call a defensive stopper. Scolandry wasn't the worst greatest defensive powerforward.

That being said....I've always liked Scola's game, hopefully he can keep it up.
    That double pivot of his gets all the guys who don't read the scouting report..and its not a travel NBA!!!

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

9. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

you are good at this, arent you? ;)