1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luc mbah to rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 16, 2017.

1. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Bargain....this brotha can defend anyone With ease be it a midget or a freak like Durant

2. bongman

bongman Member

2 words...league minimum. As u said, a starter that got 22 mins/game on a stacked team. This only means he got some game that translates to high trade value. No reason to think that Morey will be so bz this off season and nice to have assets

3. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

Can't wait til Clyde calls this dude "Mah Bootay"

whathappened, djperm, tbw914 and 5 others like this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I hope I'm wrong, but this might mean Ariza is gone. Why? Contract year.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

has nothing to do with ariza. it's all about depth and versatility

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't see it this way. Ariza is older, now he has help from Tucker, and Luc. This should make him more effective in the regular season and in the playoffs as well.

DonKnock, djperm and Dat Dude like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If Ariza wants a payday after this season, we might lose him for nothing. He is on a very reasonable contract right now, but he sees people making tons of money left and right who are arguably not as good as he is. Next offseason is probably his last chance to sign a big contract. Very doubtful that he would give the Rockets a discount. I'm not talking about it from a basketball perspective - we would definitely want to keep Ariza. But unless we can extend him on a similarly reasonable deal, now is the last time we can get value back that is locked up for a longer period of time.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

so in a 7 game series the rockets can send waves for 48 minutes at Durant,Thompson and/or Curry now....how on earth this current roster isn't already stronger than the team that lost to the spurs in the playoffs is beyond me

djperm, mathor and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Cool numbers.

His jumper isn't extremely consistent but as a bench defensive wing behind Ariza, Tucker, and at times James I'll take it!

Let's keep lining these vet ring chasers up.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

nobody is giving a 32 ariza max money. everyone wants to use the looking for payday angle all the time. he can still get a good contract here, while being on the team that makes his role as easy as can be while having a legit shot at winning another championship. You think this guy wants to go to some sorry team at 33-34 years of age. No

saleem likes this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets are going to have to make a solid offer to keep him. We are going to be stuck in salary cap hell for the next few years and we will be unable to sign guys without triggering the hard cap. I'm thinking Ariza will be willing to play here if the money is right, which I expect the Rockets to pay more than likely since flexibility will be gone.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Apparently Ariza was a big part of the CP3 recruitment. Well, more than a small part, anyway. I don't know if he would be so unceremoniously shipped out (which would say a lot; Morey LOVES to flush expiring contracts in deals).

Morey trade his own mother and one of his kids? Yes, perhaps. Ariza? I don't know.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree. If you think Ariza is not efficient enough offensively, Mbah a Moute is even more offensively challenged. Ariza should be starting over him.

saleem likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

As I said, from a basketball perspective, I hope you guys are right. That said, check how many guys in the last year of their contract have not been traded by the Rockets since Daryl became GM...

15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

#12 is indeed Luc. Thank CP3/Morey.

Unfortunately, my sig is in a reverse. This was supposed to happen after the fact...either way, good signing in my eyes.

He'll be better on offense when James/etc gets doubled. He can hit the open shot, but he's not the best at creating his own.

#335 Codman, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    craguin, Deuce, BMoney and 5 others like this.
  16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

So does freebird just mean FA's in general? I was thinking it had to do with players who have associations with teams with bird mascots.

17. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Is this telling of a waning likelihood Melo ends up playing for the Rockets?

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I feel like Inspector Clouseau sometimes. How long ago did you switch to the "keys" avatar? (Probably a month ago. "Did you say 'bimp'?" "Yes, you have receiv-ed a bimp on the head. You could receive a concussion with such a bimp.")

Plowman and Codman like this.
  19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It started off as both...When I caught wind of Ry/Ego, but also, guys who are looking to be free from the "cage"/organization/bench; See: JSmoov/NeNe

To be fair, I had absolutely no inkling about T. Black. That was a surprise, but I guess he's part of the "WelcomeHomers."

craguin, DonKnock, djperm and 2 others like this.
  20. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Thanks for clarifying. So we pretty much set now besides waiting for Melo conclusion?