1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Luc mbah to rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 16, 2017.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Cod said "Freebird", which in the past has been used to refer to a player from Atlanta or New Orleans. If you want to stretch it, it could also refer to Phoenix or Toronto (raptor means "bird of prey").

Luc has never played for any of those teams, so I took it as someone other than him.

2. threepointshot3

Paul
    Ariza
    Moute
    Tucker
    Capela

Is the most versatile defensive lineup in the league! Everyone of those guys can switch on the 3 pt line to cover the on ball screen of the Warriors on the mismatch.

djperm, ricardo1979, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  3. threepointshot3

Dmo probably has to much bad blood to sign here.

4. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

The addition of PJ Tucker, Tarik Black, Luc Mbah a Moute plus bringing back Nene gives us a very very deep and strong team. Even if we don't get Melo we are already a better match up against the Warriors. This is going to be a very interesting season. We are going to have a much stronger and versatile defense than we had last year.

DonKnock, Hui, Pen15clubber and 3 others like this.
  5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I thought we were collecting Team USA players, not Clippers... (I jest)

djperm and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Isn't DMo suing the Rockets? No way he is ever coming back here.

ricardo1979 likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He settled with the NBA and the Rockets

8. jch1911

jch1911 Member

What you know about Dinwiddie?
    Also, I would never come at your boyfriend like that... it's disrespectful... Arabrocket + Haulic 4eva

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Would really prefer we roll w this group and let MDA see what he can do. It's so obv. that he doesn't like Carmelo and that Carmelo is past his expiration date. But I know I'm in the minority on this.

No Chance and cerophilik like this.
  10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

we signed another one of Zach Lowe's 2017 Luke Walton All-Stars (1st Tarik Black, now Mbah Moute)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18843801/zach-lowe-2017-luke-walton-all-stars-nba

"I was as vocal as anyone: The Clippers would not win big in the playoffs with Mbah a Moute starting. He can't shoot. Defenders would ignore him, and clog the lane on LA's stars.

Doc Rivers still has occasional trust issues with him, but Mbah a Moute has proved the skeptics wrong. Defenders do ignore him, but that's fine if Mbah a Moute hits 43 percent of his corner 3s. When opponents stick closer, Mbah a Moute has been pumping-and-driving with a new verve.

He's a slick interior passer, and by far LA's best wing defender -- the guy who guards James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, and Durant. "For us to win," J.J. Redick told ESPN.com in December, "he's got to be on the floor." The Clippers know opponents stash their weakest defenders on Mbah a Moute, and Rivers encouraged him before the season to exploit their inattention, he said.

Mbah a Moute credits his strong play to a new sleep regimen. He vowed in the offseason to sleep at least 12 hours a night, and he has mostly kept it up amid crazy NBA travel, even if he has to hit the sack right as teammates hit the town. "Twelve is nice, but I want more," he said. "I can sleep 14 or 15 hours now. If we don't have practice, I can sleep all day."

Mbah a Moute became obsessed with sleep during his one season in Philly, where the team's sports science staff inundated players with data about their bodies. "I wish I knew about all this when I was younger," Mbah a Moute said. "I've seen the difference it can make."

djperm, Yaosthirdleg and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  11. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

Even better is they will be guarding him in practice.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That's a hell of a signing at the minimum. You can never have enough 3 and D guys in this day and age. The way the advanced metrics favor him despite an underwhelming newspaper box score is very Shane Battier like.

13. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I agree, would be nice to see how we roll with the players we have now. I hope Ryan gets his shooting touch back. We also have a lot of new guys, they'll need to gel during training camp and learn MDA system.

But if/ when we get Melo, teams will have a lot to worry about.
    They'll worry about our offense and with these new additions about our defense too.
    Who to guard or double team. Melo ? Harden? Paul? Lebron ? Hehe
    And now we have Ariza, Tucker, Mbah a Mute, Tarick, Nene, Capela, Paul and Harden ;) for defense

Well I hope some of that defense, at least some rubs on Harden. He just needs to focus and keep his man close. And there will be no excuses for him now. Harden wont have carried the team on offense. No more quitting on us, you quit MDA better sit you.

#293 cerophilik, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Sleeping 14 hrs that's nice wish I could sleep that long :).

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  15. Chamillionaire

Sleep when you're dead.

16. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I think Freebird is associated with FAs. I could be wrong, but from Cod's numbers we've gotten so far--CP (#3), Black (#20 on Rockets) and now Luc (#12). I didn't see PJ there, so that may be one he didn't know about. The rest could be guys like Affalo (6/10), Barbarosa (10), Bobby Brown (6), etc.

17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

That ain't sleeping.
    O_O

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Luc Richard Mbah a Mouté

Nice ring to it. Welcome to the Rockets!

djperm likes this.
  19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Big Dick Luc!

Pen15clubber and Yaosthirdleg like this.