1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luc Mbah a Moute to Clippers (1 year, $4.3M)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2018.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Chickenshit

#Runitback

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

I just hope Morey knew about his shoulder more than anybody and that's why we didn't resign him.

Now we need Carmelo. There won't be better wing on the market for that money. Hopefully we can flip Anderson for someone playable

Williamson and BigShasta like this.
  3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Morey has a plan. there is no way luc walks for 4.3 mil. no way.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If only we had the GM of the decade.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Bruh, pay attention. Take a lap.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Bruh, pay attention.

Salary cap.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

dude mosgov has been traded 3 times. Sick of this ryan anderson contract nonsense.

If we didnt have anderson we still would be in the same position right now. He is the only way currently we can salary match and acquire anything. So he may end up being a blessing

lionaire likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The plan was always to get the team better and on championship course......people treat it like a secret.

Obviously Tilman does not want to bring certain role players back. Now we know.

Morey again is just the mouth piece of the owner, a smart one, admittedly, but still a mouth piece.

He also did not question any of Leslie Alexander's cost saving moves. Did it net us a Finals appearance post Hakeem?

Of course we can attempt to find replacements but that is not what Fertitta said.

I quote: 'We will bring back the team.' Or it did go down the drain with the Lebron sweepstakes.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm sad. Luc is underrated, His impact was missed after he got hurt. I wish him good luck. Maybe Daryl can re-acquire him by the February deadline, if he plays well for the Clippers.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

Why pay Paul if we weren't going to pay for Ariza and Luc?

ThrillaNManilla and J Sizzle like this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

They wanted to save the MLE for Melo instead. A dumb move, but that’s what they’re doing.

Ariza leaving was simply because he got a huge deal and Tilman didn’t want to pay.

BigShasta, YOLO and da_juice like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i don't expect them to be back tbh, we don't even know if they'll get bought out...and even if that's going to happen they might want to join other teams (like the Warriors lol), we dont really know how Ariza and Luc feel about the Rockets not giving them the money they wanted.

justtxyank likes this.
  13. da_juice

da_juice Member

It just pisses me off because contenders usually get guys on the cheap. Its kind of telling to me that the Warriors can sign Demarcus Cousins for peanuts and we can't get our own players to resign. Shows you what players think of our chances.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

On Ariza: He got more than the team valued him at and I also believe they thought they could keep Luc. They had a short window to decide on Ariza. If they could go back in time I suspect they would have bid more aggressively to keep Ariza. Oh well.

On Luc: They chose Melo over Luc for the MLE. I don't blame them for not wanting to give Luc the MLE. I'm surprised Luc left for what amounts to $1million, but hey, that's a million dollars.

Each decision in a vacuum is a rational one. The only issue I have is the love affair with Melo. I hope Morey ends up proven right about that one.

Deuce and Easy like this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You're right...in a vacuum, Ariza isn't worth $15M.

But when the team has no other avenue to improve? And when the goal is beating the Warriors? And it's just a 1 year deal? Pretty clear Tilman just didn't want to pony up, which...hey it's his money. He can do what he wants. But let's not hear anymore of the whole "luxury tax isn't an issue" and whatnot. Clearly it was.

The Melo/Luc thing is just stupid, so no real reason to discuss that. That is just a damn shame.

YOLO likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

it is atrocious defense. thats what you think the scheme is. it isn't. this is why talking about defense around here can be comical

17. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

this shows we don't have an owner that is passionate about winning, why the hell do you buy a sports club when u only care about your money, stupid Tilman, go buy stocks, that will earn u more money, houston is screwed for the foreseeable future, as long as tilman are not willing go over the tax line, we are totally screwed.....

18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Would u guys trade Ryan Anderson for Chandler Parsons at this point?

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

okay I get the Ariza thing, 15M is really too much to ask even if he was our defensive anchor.

giving up Luc because Melo of all people needs the MLE is stupid as hell

da_juice, Easy and YOLO like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

maybe in LMM's case he looked at it as he took min last year. why should he do it again? atleast raise the offer a bit but we see that didnt happen