1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luc Mbah a Moute to Clippers (1 year, $4.3M)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2018.

1. cebu

cebu Member

Wtf! Morey can NOT afford that amount?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Hoping we can snag Wayne Ellington. Not sure what kind of offers he is getting but I think he’d be a nice low key signing that ends up contributing similar to Luc last year.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We are not on GS level anymore.

DD

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Probably been posted but old mate Nick Wright is spot on here

Yes it hurts a little but hes replaceable. I trust Morey to make moves to cover both Luc and Trevor

Rox11 likes this.
  5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Of course this hurts but he didn’t even play in the playoffs and they were fine. If it’s not the most important 3 players I’m not worried

6. Mr. Space City

horrible offseason for morey.

the rockets margin for error vs. the warriors was already very small with ariza and luc. now losing both of them and the warriors getting another all-star it's a wrap.

this is why you have to take advantage of the window you have when you can.

last year was the year for us.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Considering that contract was probably agreed upon last summer, I'm thinking they thought of an NBA Finals appearance.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

No Ariza, no Luc, No Capela

#runitbacktho

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Paul is smart...asked for the max knowing the team would be worse, once we'll miss the playoffs he will ask for a trade to the Lakers to join Lebron.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

Good player during the regular season before the injury. Literally didn't need him in the playoffs and wouldn't have needed him to beat GS. Big whoop.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Terrible loss for us after losing Ariza. Really bummed about this. We lost 2 of our defensive wings and no real prospect of replacing them.

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

Cousins can take a 15M paycut for the Warriors but we cant get Luc to take a 1.5M paycut?

htxaf, pippendagimp and napalm06 like this.
  14. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

smh houston will always be houston

15. apatel123

apatel123 Member

We need a tall lanky glue guy forward with 3 and D capability for our switch everything defense. Melo wont fill that void, who would be a perfect fit via trade?

16. OpportunityCost

Ariza couldn't stop Durant. I don't care about anyone else in the league. That's who he has stop. To his defense, I am not sure if anyone can stop Durantula one-on-one.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Par for the course to be honest. the Rockets lose people that are supposed to be pivotal pieces, then all of sudden, they are good again.. I loved LMM and Ariza though..

Rockets better sign Nunnely lol.

joshuaao and Cash Cam like this.
  18. OpportunityCost

*has to stop

19. BleedsRocketRed

Everyone keeps saying this but nobody says with WHO though. Luc gave up 0.442 PPP as an isolation defender this season. Where are you going to find that kind of replacement?

Melo isn't doing **** defensively and was borderline washed up in OKC. Wake up people

Little Bit likes this.
  20. mightybosstone

I get that people are bummed. I am, too. But the level of overreaction on Clutchfans at the loss of a guy who was a complete non-factor in the playoffs kind of blows my mind a little bit.

If the Rockets don't win the title next year, it won't be because they lost Luc Mbah a Moute. And there are still a ton of quality role players out there. If Morey let Luc walk, it was because he had a plan in mind for something else. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and let the offseason play itself out before we go postal and call for the man's resignation.

DreamShook and Vivi like this.