1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luc Mbah a Moute dislocates his right shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Apr 10, 2018.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Luc came here to win a Championship. I'm 100% confident he couldn't care less about his contract next year because if he did he would have signed elsewhere for more than the minimum.

IvanLCPM, dragonwill, carib and 3 others like this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Hope Luc gets well soon! Basically has a 5 day head start to healing.

houston19519 likes this.
  3. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

So if our top 8 players weren't going to play, who on our 12 man active roster should have played to avoid this "stupidity"?

DonKnock, IvanLCPM, carib and 4 others like this.
  4. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

If you could just leave and never come back here; that would be great.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Championship experience on the big stage = fat paycheck for the rest of his life... people will pay for his leadership at 38. This team reminds me of Clutchcity. Gutsy players with alot of heart. He'd play with one arm if hr could!

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, you're always trying to bring folks down in here.......agenda laden to the max.

Chill or GTFO! It's the playoffs, and we've waited a loooooong time for this

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Now all my related products after the messages are about right shoulder braces.

Will the NBA let him wear body armor out there?

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I kind of agree with you; however, the new CBA allows for 17 man rosters (2 two-way players). With 8 active man minimums (like the Rockets did vs the Kings), MDA could have rolled out a team of:

Tim Quarterman/Aaron Jackson (depending on the cut/sign date)
    RJ Hunter
    Markel Brown
    Onuaku
    Zhou
    Joe Johnson
    Tarik Black
    Gerald Green

And then he could have just played 7 guys for 2 games and rested Green (or play him sparingly since he didn't have an injury that was still healing).

9. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

When is the funeral for Lucs shoulder and our championship hopes?

They still have to play the games!

10. Nook

Nook Member

The main concern is that Luc could be walking to his car when a flaming boulder falls from the heavens and turns him into ashes.

11. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Were you made in China or Golden State? Either way you are broken. ClutchCity.com is returning you back to whatever store you came from.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Again if Luc can't handle 20 min of work vs the Lakers on a Monday - he's just as susceptible against Taj Gibson or whoever else is next up.

BMoney likes this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Did you watch the last game stupid.. lol The Rockets can have 17 players on the rosters 9 active players can play. Luc is critical to a playoff run so is Gordon and all the starters so other than those seven whoever else like green Joe Johnson and the rest should have finished our last games after we clinched best record, the rest of the time was just begging for an injury. I said this before it happened and it happened meaning it could've been stopped. But you still don't get it. Just before Lucs injury I said MDA was stupid for doing it, got flamed by a group of guys for but it Luc is injured and we got lucky that it wasn't Harden or Paul. It was stupid we led the league giving us the advantage to rest guys and avoid injury and MDA ignores it over some bullshit. "well I don't believe in rest" well MDA you don't believe in championships either. If he does that bullshit ten man rotation like he did last year he should be fired. He did a brilliant job in the regular season as with last year and he has had some genius moves but he did this same thing last year and harden got injured just before playoffs, then he ran him into the ground with that bullshit rotation. Time to wise up.

#453 SF3isBack!!, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Some injuries are just dumb luck, actually its more likely against a lakers teams because they were playing harder to please the home crowd. Playing against other teams looking for playoffs position was reckless and stupid again because they are playing harder. But I understand you won't get it, it's the nature of this board to deny things staring you in the face.

15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like this ballscientist fellow is both-- a Chinese Golden State fan, the very definition of a bandwagoner.

But it's good to see people like this on Clutchfans because it reminds everyone that Rockets fans are way better, nicer, less annoying people.

Sajan likes this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

GARM being overdramatic as per usual. Luc is a great defender, but we have enough depth to handle this. Just going to mean more minutes for Ariza and Tucker until he returns. Let him rest until the WCF and heal up. We'll be fine!

17. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

As far as putting an elite team out there, I wouldn’t downplay the absence of Luc.

Much like having 2 playmakers on the floor at all times with the rotation of Harden, Paul, and Gordon, the trio of Ariza, Tucker, and Mbah Moute provided the Rockets with 2 great versatile defenders on the floor most of the time. Having this luxury really limits the switch options for opposing offenses. Switch everything concept works out well more times than not with him.

None of Luc’s replacements will provide the defense he has. They help in other ways, but but all of them are switch bait. Green being the most reliable due to his athleticism. Joe and Anderson will give up drives, and I hope the coaching staff can avoid ever having Joe and Anderson on the floor at the same time.

Having said all that, the Rockets are still very very good. The bread and butter is the HOF point guard rotation. We just have to keep the score board moving and win shootout style against teams with elite offenses.

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Wrong he’s our best defender.

Ariza and Tucker don’t match him on anything he does. We will need him for the run.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Are you saying the Lakers were playing harder than the Twolves will play in the playoffs? They were not looking for playoff positioning.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree that he's our best defender, but we should still have more than enough depth for the first two rounds, which gives us time to see if he can heal up.

Even if he can't heal up we still match up with Golden State enough to go to seven games.