1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LP Broadband Issues?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by withmustard, Oct 22, 2016.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

My screen doesn't look like that. I use Firefox, should I be using another browser?

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

EDIT: Nevermind. My post has already been addressed.

But I'd like to add the complaints... the league pass I sometimes use to watch games repeatedly kicks us out from the game to the main screen. Sometimes, like every 30 seconds for about 10 minutes at a time. Very weird / annoying glitch.

3. sew

sew Member

I use Chrome -- not sure why they wouldn't have the feature w/ Firefox though.

4. what

what Member

Dude, I use chrome. It's not there in chrome. Not sure what you are on, but in windows 10 chrome, it's not there.

5. sew

sew Member

I'm using windows 10 aswell. Weird.

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I just downloaded chrome and it didn't work. I tried to not see the score but I did, not only that but even says under the score harden hits FT a end of game. Double Spoiler. I'm furious!! How did nobody think about this? I mean, the last format considered encore showings and didn't provide the score. I hate LP now!!!!! I'd rather watch worse quality and actually not know the outcome.

7. dmoneybangbang

Anyone having trouble with NBA LP on their roku? It will just crash the app. Seems to work best on Mozilla for me on Win 10.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Some freezing, which sucks, but generally good enough not to piss me off.

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Had an issue where they told me I was blacked out from Rockets (I live in Dallas). I called in, they gave me a VIP account to use until they could fix the issue. I haven't had streaming issues yet, but the app definitely sucks as it kicks me out every so often on Android. Haven't had issues streaming on my Xbox either yet.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

I do have a stupid technical question about streaming, if I have four options like

xbox,
    apple tv
    laptop
    iphone

And I am experienceing freezing on say apple TV, will switching to xbox possibly give me a better result, or will I get the exact same problem because it's all coming through the same isp internet connection?

I make the switch sometimes, but have no idea if it has any impact.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I've had so many issues streaming this year. The new website is slow to load videos and I am forced to see the scores. The app that would launch in previous seasons was so much better.

Also, these commercials annoy the hell out of me. You can't forward through them and sometimes they pop up DURING the game, so I'll hear the game but see the ads. This happened at the end of the Lakers game I was so annoyed!

I'm sure it's partially my shortly latop, but also having some issues on my custom desktop.

12. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

I have really good internet and last night the game on the PS4 was unwatchable. It would play for about 2 minutes and then start buffering and never come back to the game. In previous years there have been major growing pains at the beginning of the season and eventually got better. Sad that I payed for League Pass but last night I had to watch a bootleg stream online.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Same here. PS4 is straight up not working, when I tried to watch it through my browser on my laptop the stream would be fine until a commercial hit then it would freeze/crash.

I miss the old PS4 app and its relative reliability.

14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

JUst checking in to say I still hate the new LP. Tonight I tried to hold my hand up to the computer to cover up the score. The game wouldn't play. I eventually saw the score and the game still won't play. I had never had the issues b4, New league pass is awful, worst product ever.

Kevooooo and mfastx like this.
  15. arjun

arjun Member

Last night was the first night where LP worked decent for me with no issues.

I would recommend using internet explorer rather than chrome.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm having no problems watching LP on the computer but no luck with Apple TV. We still have the orig Apple TV unit, they're up to v. 4, any thoughts on whether that might help if we upgrade?

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I'll give that a try. I've been using Chrome.
    Complain. I complained four separate times last night as I kept being sent to new people and had to wait in new lines. Absolutely ridiculous customer service. Also, it would say average weight 2 minutes....b**** I JUST WAITED 45 MINUTES! And I would keep going from number 1 in queue to number 2.

withmustard likes this.
  18. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I've called in twice, the truth is they offered me a full refund but would take the service away. I am paying 27 bucks a month and honestly, If I only catch 2 games a month that's cheaper than the bar and I get audio. I also sent an email and got a response saying there is an app that will hide the scores but didn't tell me the name of the app or how to find it. I am poor with computer stuff and can't figure that stuff out as easily as others. It's just really lame, how does such a major product take such huge strides backward?

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I share your frustration. It's incredible what a massive step down it is this year. Most of my issues have been with the PS4 app, the interface is fine, but the streams are so much worse than last year. Can't go a full minute of game time without a buffer. This will literally happen 100 times a game. Some of the buffers aren't that bad, but every damn time the menu with the score drops down and it's distracting. It's also really baffling why they would take away the rewind capabilities on the PS4 app.

The browser is no better, huge step back there too. The invasive ads every timeout bog down the stream and make watching an in-progress game from the beginning a hassle. Not only do I have to wait for those stupid ads, but then I have to fast forward the stream through the timeout as well. Why are they making us watch those ridiculous ads? Haven't we already paid our way by purchasing their service?

Of course it will only get worse from here on out as they try to cram more ads in at every opportunity.

withmustard and RudyTBag like this.
  20. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Where are you guys all based? US or elsewhere?
    I'm in Australia and I suppose I have the International League Pass.
    I watch on both XBox one and through my laptop (Chrome with Windows 10). Normally go laptop connected to TV as it streams better than XBOx.
    I've had zero problems (and my home internet is not that great). Scores can be switched on/off and non of the other problems people are mentioning. Sorry!
    I did have problems last year, but after persisting with NBA Cust Service discovered that the VPN I was using was the issue. Stopped using it and zero problems.

withmustard likes this.