1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowry, Morris Playing in "Battle for I-95" Exhibition Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Sep 13, 2011.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

http://www.csnphilly.com/09/12/11/LeBron-to-join-game-at-Palestra/landing_deitales.html?blockID=563238&feedID=2365

All the superstars playing for the Baltimore/D.C. team, so hopefully Warrick really does bring our Philly fellas some help lol. If anyone living in Philly happens to go, please let us know how Lowry and our new rookie Morris play!

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Will this be on tv

3. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Even in the charity game, LeBron has to be on the stacked team...:grin: Guess we can chalk up a win for the good guys...

Good luck to the 215. Remember watching Lowry do work in the Big 5, and Ellington and Gerald Henderson tearing it up for Episcopal. Really thought Ellington was gonna be a better player than he turned out to be. Palestra is a sick, sick venue for them to have the exhibition; place bleeds tradition like few other gyms in America, and I so badly wish I was still at Penn and could hop over there. Security is gonna be a nightmare; the place holds maybe 9000 and the seating is crazy close to the court. If any of the players goes nuts like KD in Rucker...

4. LFE171

LFE171 Member

er...that philly team is gonna get destroyed if that's their current lineup.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

Yeah, I thought that line, "Will Warrick have to add to his already stellar Philly squad?" was rather funny. Even if they get Kobe they're going to get killed. CP3 and Lebron aren't from Baltimore/D.C., though, so hopefully the Philly team can bring in some outside superstar talent of their own.

I'm excited that Marcus Morris is getting some competitive action like this, especially after his comments about Melo lol.

6. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Who else is there to help out? Deron is at Turkey. Kobe is at china or somewhere doing his tour. Doubt wade/bosh wants to play against Lebron. International players are out of such events. And old timers like TD/KG still seems to be happy putting their feet up. This is looking like it will be wash out. Unless somehow, Dwight and Amare lace up.

7. AFS

AFS Member

Man this would be neat to watch. Team defense doesn't get played at these things, but 1on1 defense does. I wanna see if Marcus Morris can stay in front of any of KD, LBJ or Melo

8. megastahr

megastahr Member

eh just get howard and call it a day.

9. lean

lean Member

These games are usually streamed on a site like ustream or justin.tv ... I doubt it will be on TV tho

10. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

Tyreke Evans is now playing for Team Philly.

11. AFS

AFS Member

maybe they can get iggy

12. Kam

Kam Member

Kobe is from PA, get him to ball.

Hey TJ Ford, get a game going somewhere please.

13. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

Kobe is actually from.italy.

14. HeWhoIsLunchbox

He was born in Philly.

15. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

As a Penn graduate, I will be attending the game--should be a great time. I'll keep you guys posted how Lowry and M&M do. I remember reading that the game will be streamed on a website, however I forget what the url was. If I find it, I'll post it.

16. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

PLEASE DO!! I would absolutely love to see how Morris matches up against lebron or Melo even if its just for a short time...

17. HombreDeHierro

lowry dropped 50 pts and 8 assists somewhere recently

18. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

video of that would be great..

19. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Member

No, but it will be streamed on SI.com and thebasketballchannel.net. Not sure if it's going to be free, though.

20. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member