1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowry, Ish Smith, Aaron Brooks, Lin, Toney Douglas, Dragic, Canaan: ALL higher PERs than any Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Dec 31, 2015.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

SHUN! SHUN! SHUN! SHUN! SHUN! :eek:

2. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Don't be so mean.

Just a right thread at the wrong place.
    Don't make it like a atom bomb just exploded.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

UN-shunned ... :eek:

4. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Funny. balls are rolling over, what kind of signal this is?

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I can't. I just can't.

Jeremy Lin was a failed experiment. He's doing well with his other team. He was not a good fit here.

YouTube the Portland Series if you need to see the pain he caused with his inability to be the court general we needed.

Even when Pat shoots poorly, he is the better player. The same goes for Ty,even during this rough stretch. Ty knows how to facilitate the ball and set people up. Jeremy is what he is...let it go already.

The fact that you put his name in the same breath as Dragic makes me want to beat myself in the face with my shoe. Dragic is LIGHTYEARS ahead of Jeremy in talent, decision making, potential and being able to close out a game. Heck, he may not be a max player, but anyone in their right mind would take Goran over Jeremy Lin.

Even with Pat's poor shooting, he plays HARD. Jeremy played timidly, and he still does. Yes, I watch his team, but not for him. If you suggested bringing Kemba here, I might be interested.

NYE starts later tonight. Keep your drinking to a minimum, my friend.

Lawd have mercy.

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Uhhhhhhh, it's James Harden, he plays both (at the same time) and even coaches the team, lol....

Yeah Morey likes to re-sign point guards. I can't wait until he signs Ty Lawson again (you know assuming the inevitable trade that's coming).

Let's see... Brooks, Lin, Franchise (okay he wasn't involved with him initially, but still....). He tried for Lowry and even a trade for Dragic but got told to **** off, lol. Morey is pretty lazy with point guards...

7. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Everybody has ShaQaFool plays, i don't need to Youtube. Youtube also searches highlights of every body.
    Dragon costs a team 15 million, while Lin costs 2 million.
    Morey is gonna sign LIN back.

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You misunderstood.

We played Portland during the playoffs.

In two games that we had victory within reach, Jeremy turned the ball over one time. Then, during another game, decided to go for a layup with a ton of time remaining, when we didn't need any of it. Batum comes down and nails a three.

I may have the exact sequence wrong, but most fans acknowledge that JLin was one of the main reasons we lost that series, even when LaMarcus was destroying us.

This isn't "Shaqting a Fool" material. It's a painful memory of what a point guard SHOULDN'T do. Jeremy couldn't hold onto the ball, nor could he make the decision to manage time during crucial moments. He failed.

Damian's shot was a failure on McHale's part for not knowing how to anticipate a simple pass and curl jumper, so I guess Jeremy is immune from that.

But again, there's absolutely no need to put JLin and Goran in the same sentence. One has amazing handles, great range and is coachable. The other struggles with turnovers, is still developing a jumper during his prime, consistently complains about minutes and compensates a lack of skill with haircuts from Zoolander :p.

Sorry, but you put his name in the GARM, when we all pray it stays in the DISH. I'm done though. You enjoy your NYE. Whatever your drinking must have some crazy "NBA Delusion" flavor in it. :p

9. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

we don't have a solution for Portland for that series. James Harden joined Rox for not a long enough time and he was not so good as last year at that series. We can't just put every S*** onto him.

and i am not talking about signing Lin for our Starting PG, he can be a good bench guy whom i believe will play better than Corney Brewer, Jason T. and he does not cost that much.

everybody talks about the GARM/Dish stuff. OK, that was a mistake by me. Don't be so mean, just move it to DISH.

BTW, I am not a heavy drinker. :grin: Half bottle red wine would make it work.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

To be honest there really is no defense for Morey at this point. We just like him. I wouldn't say fire him but he's got a lot of work to do. He shoots himself in the foot. He does good but he ruins it by hiring an incompetent coaching staff and insisting on doing the whole 3's and ft's thing while acquiring players who don't do either very well. This team is stupid and the entire idea of eliminating mid range shots and broadcasting it to world so they can set up their defense against us is also pretty stupid.

12. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Harden isn't or is unwilling to play without the ball. We could have CP3 and he would be relegated to becoming a spot up shooter.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Mchale didn't play him much when we had him even though it was obvious he should have played more.

14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Ty Lawson's recent play has been a silver lining in Rockets' woes
    By dyslexicsports on Dec 30, 2015, 10:11a 1 7

The Rockets may not be winning like we'd like but there is a bright spot.

If there is any good new from the Rockets current stretch, it's that Ty Lawson is has become Ty Lawson again.

For so long Lawson had been trying to find himself in this offense, but since the two-game suspension, Lawson has returned and been a valued addition.

Lawson has played in four games since the suspension and has been on fire, shooting over 50 percent from the floor, not to mention handing out assists all over the place. Lawson has been aggressively getting into the paint and finding open shooters, and the backup point guard has also been assertive at times, looking for his shot and his offense.

The Dream Shake spoke with Ty after the game to ask his if this is the most comfortable he's felt with the Rockets..

"I think so," he told us. "Just being aggressive, getting to the basket, shooting my pull-up mid-range (jumper). Just being aggressive, that's what I think what's making it a little bit easier transition."

During his suspension, Lawson spent time watching film. Unlike earlier in the season when he said he watched his old highlights, it seems, this time, he found himself. He found a way to play in the system the Rockets run.

The Lawson from the first 26 games is drastically different from the Lawson of the last four. In the first 26, Lawson was averaging 5.8 points and 3.9 assists a game

In the last four games, he's 9.5 points and 4.3 assists a game.

Lawson in the past four games is out doing the what he did in the first 26 when he spent a decent chunk of it as a starter.

During a recent Root Sports broadcast, Hall-of-Famer Calvin Murphy mentioned he thinks Lawson should still be starting. Whether Lawson should be starting or if he will start again in the future — I personally like Patrick Beverley starting the game and Lawson off the bench, it's like a football team with a change of pace running back — this Lawson has found a seem to found a groove.

Lawson has taken charge of the second unit and been a scoring punch for the team when James Harden is not on the floor.

With this new version of Lawson, the Rockets are still trying to figure out how to utilize him best. But while they are still trying to deploy him the right way, the good news is when Lawson's on the floor, the Rockets are scoring and playing faster. More Lawson is not a bad thing of late.

Josh Reese

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Actually other than Lin or Dragic Mchale either didn't play them much or didn't get a long with them.

16. cebu

cebu Member

Fire morey

17. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Analysis unclear, no chart or graphs, can't understand advanced theory without visual aid, help.

19. hakeemthagreat

James Harden is our PG & SG at the same time. He brings the ball up, dribbles for 20 seconds and shoots the ball:rolleyes:

20. basketballholic

Don't blame Morey.

Last summer Morey traded dog poo for a point guard with a career 18.3 PER, that has dished more assists than all but 7 active point guards since he's been in the league, a point guard with the 4th highest assist/turnover ratio among point guards since he's been in the league at almost 3:1, a point guard with the 4th lowest TOV% among point guards since he's been in the league, with the 4th highest FTr and the 8th highest TS% among active point guards who have averaged 5 assists or more a game since he's been in the league.

And that guy is now coming off the bench and playing 10-15 minutes a night as a spot back-up.

Is that Morey's fault? Did Lawson's skills diminish over night?

No. And no.

What happened?

Nothing happened. The coaches and the superstar player made no adjustments. The only person that made adjustments was the new point guard with a career 18.3 PER before he got here. He tried to become a spot-up 3-point shooter.

Makes a lot of sense, eh?

Superstar player begs Morey for help with ball-handling after he has another double-digit turnover game that buried the team's season. Morey goes out and gets him one of the best ball handler/playmakers in the Association and Harden tells him to go stand in a corner while Harden increases his own usage.

Whut?

We got crap at point guard because we got a superstar shooting guard that craps on his point guard.

Don't blame Morey. Put the blame squarely where it belongs.

Blame Harden.

#40 basketballholic, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    2 people like this.