1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowry hit with possibly the worst offensive foul call ever!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by IzakDavid13, Feb 6, 2014.

?

The Offensive foul & Technical

1. Justified, great call by refs...

14 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. You've got to be kidding me...

198 vote(s)
    84.3%
  3. Was offensive foul, but technical was harsh...

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Wasn't an offensive foul, but technical was deserved...

20 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

[youtube]7JFRnCZXWzk[/youtube]

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/nba-kyle-lowry-offensive-foul-call-raptors-kings/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still scratching my head on this one...not just the Offensive foul, but a technical for what? Getting up & running in the opposite direction?

One of New Commissioner Silver's first things that he has to look into changing is the Technical fouls for showing passion...that & the Hack-a-Dwight.

Your thoughts?

#1 IzakDavid13, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I also liked at getting a T for running AWAY from the situation, wtf

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Wow both calls are just turrible, didn't Lebron get T'd for the same thing before?

5. coffeelover665

6. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

3 refs and they still blew this one, awful. and of course because of whatever rule they couldnt watch the replay ?

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Really is the worst calls I've seen in a while. If I'm Dwayne Casey, I pull a 94 Pippen and start throwing chairs.

8. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

all i can say about the rudy gay free throw miss

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kH0-QR9IzM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. IzakDavid13

I said it a few years ago, & I'll say it again...the coaches need a review system similar to what they have in NFL.

The ability to throw out a red flag in a situation like this, (or even the phantom Fouls that Dirk gets away with) would see the game as a whole benefit.

The crazy inconsistent tech fouls for showing emotion has to be rectified. Chris Paul, Dwayne Wade, LeBron, Dirk & Kobe can get away with stare downs, intimidation, yelling, screaming and slamming the ball...but a 'lesser' player, after being called for an offensive foul in the dying seconds of a close game, gets up with out saying a word and runs to the opposite end of the court gets T'd up and subsequently DQ'd?

Ridiculous.

10. IzakDavid13

Imagine Michael Jordan being called for a technical for looking at the bench saying, 'He can't guard me', or glancing into the stands telling a fan, 'Was he big enough?'

Or Mario Ellie's kiss of death resulting in a technical, Shawn Kemp's after dunk celebrations, or some of the other iconic moments...give the game back it's swagger and let the players express their passion.

If they go Beserk Noah style, swear at the refs or do something stupid, fine...T them up...but for ticky tacky things like hanging on the rim & nodding at a player after dunking on their head? Please...

11. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

And you wonder why people think the NBA is rigged...not to mention the 51 fts the Kings shot. Either that or the refs are absolutely incompetent. One thing is for sure and that's that NBA refs are absolutely the worst out of any professional sport on this planet.

12. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Calling a T on player who walks away is the most ridiculous bull**** I've ever seen. Lowry got one just for running back to his court side, Lebron got one for walking away. Refs in the NBA must be some of the worst in the business.

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Someone needs to pay for this..

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Why do they always do my man like this?

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

That was simply atrocious! No way is that an offensive foul. And you know it's really bad when Novak deserved that technical more than Lowry. Just horrible officiating. There needs to be a protocol or a checks and balance system with the referees at the games. Some of their calls are just horrible.

Waiting for the NBA to release the usual, "That was not a foul on Lowry, official made mistake" blah blah blah because that makes everything better right?

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

This is why you sometimes have to pelt a ref with a basketball.

17. smr6

smr6 Member

McLemore even came accross Lowry's wrist after he released too. So what could of possibly been a 2 pt game with 25 seconds left turned into a joke because of the officials.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I find this very offensive.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wow that's inexcusable.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

lebron got a tech today for the same thing.

Stupid? sure, but thats the rules.

As for Lowry getting snubbed, it's probably because of his bad record with coaches, they're a pretty tight knit group.