1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lower back pain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Holy crap. I was fine when went to bed last night and when I woke up this morning, I couldn't straighten up without excruciating pain. I think I slept twisted. There is a constant pain in my lower back, and any movement is painful. I can walk, but I have to tighten up my core or the pain is too bad. Standing up is more like leaning over and pushing myself off my knees. I've taken ibuprofen and have tried stretching out my back...omg, that sucks.

I already conducted basketball practice, and am halfway through my teaching day. Thank God the kids are doing computer work and I can stretch my back instead of being up and around with these kids.

Does anyone have any tips to relieve lower back pain. I don't think I have to go to a doctor yet, but I will give it a few days and if id doesn't get any better, will go in.

Help and advice welcomed

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

vicodin

heat and cold, steam room if you have one

later, do crunches every day

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I know this won't help you in anyway, but when I saw the title of the thread my immediate thought was "you should get breast reduction surgery". So, you're welcome! :)

[I keed, ladies should never have their breast size reduced. More jokes? Maybe, maybe not!]

4. Falcons Talon

I do crunches/ab work every day.

No vicodin. I have to settle for 800 mg ibuprofen.

I'll get my gf to apply heat packs to my back.

Thanks.

5. hvic

hvic Member

alternate ice and heat and stretch. thats what I usually do. Do you have a history of back problems in the past?

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Acupuncture

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Amputation.

8. the shark

the shark Member

go to a chiropractor

9. Nook

Nook Member

Lower back pain can be caused by many things.

Try to remember if you lifted anything heavy or jarred your back even if slightly.

Most likely it will resolve in the next few days.

Avoid chiropractors, see a doctor and have an MRI done to see if you have issues. An x-ray will not show enough.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Besides the things already suggested (especially see a doc), you can get short term relief by laying on the ground on your back and placing a stool or chair so that you can place your legs up (picture sitting down, except with you are lying down, with knees bent). This provides a bit of relief by creating almost a traction, stretching your lower vertebrae a bit).

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I hear a backiotomy might help.

[​IMG]

Granville likes this.
  12. Falcons Talon

I've had lower back pain maybe once or twice in my life, but no problems in at least a few years. Then this morning....BAM!!! I'm going to see if the athletic trainer at my campus can give me a treatment during my conference period. In the meanwhile, I'll keep trying to stretch it.

13. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

opiates are actually the safest form of pain relief, they do less liver damage than ibuprofen or large doses of acetaminophen (vicodin is a small dose of acetaminophen combined with a small dose of codeine) The addiction risk is small if you just get 20 from your doctor, and the small ones don't make you stoned.

Look I'm typing on vicodin right now (in office sinuplasty this morning)

14. Falcons Talon

Yesterday was upper back and chest day. I did add 20 lbs to seated machine rows and 10 lbs on cable rows, but there no unusual strain.

I think it will go away in a few days too, but in the meantime, I need some relief. I have gym time after work, and coaching early morning basketball practice.

15. Falcons Talon

I'll try this once the students leave my class. I do lay like that at my place. Its very comfortable. Thanks

16. Falcons Talon

You've almost got me sold. Is vicodin also know as hydrocodone.

17. Falcons Talon

lol...watching season one of American horror story. I picture the elevator scene.

18. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

a nice indica

1 person likes this.
  19. Classic

Classic Member

inversion chair for about 5 min when you wake up and in the evening

the chiropractors have decompression treatments but they're expensive so the chair could be an alternative

buy a posturepedic bed if you can; they're legit

20. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Been in the same boat for a couple weeks now... Keep re-tweaking in the gym so I'm laying off for a while.

Doctor advised stretches and trying to stand as much as possible at work. Gave me 800mg Ibuprofen but I'm not into meds much. Progressively getting better each day as long as I'm laying low.