1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lou Williams traded to Rockets for Corey Brewer, first round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raz, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The guy is like my height.. And I don't think he even has a comparable freak wing span and standing reach... He's got to be an elite Chris Paul / Allen Iverson like in archaic times to even consider trading a long athletic player like Brewer for... I still think with a better game plan a guy as tall and quick as Brewer could have been utilized better come PlayOff time.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Yup, FTL Rockets FTL is a pretty new Rockets fan. He must have become one after that 2015 playoff series.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Brewer isn't playing on an NBA level. I could beat that little chicken legged uncoordinated dude any day of the week. Lou is way better value

Cashmoney likes this.
  4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

oh nice, i thought i read one of your other posts that said he hadn't taken his physical yet! i must be behind, lol.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah just like your Mavs, lol

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

GOAT name breh

Lawlruschang likes this.
  7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I doubt it. In the NBA just dropping behind a fraction of a step in decisive quickness based on a player's style of play can throw things off completely. Players at that level develop a patterning ability where every approach as opposed to the opponents are so precise within milliseconds. Brewer would tear you a new butthole playing half asleep. It's no joke.. These are the most elite athletes with outstanding physical length in the world...

Chamillionaire and justtxyank like this.
  8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Happened late in the day yesterday

swyyyguy likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Looks like you have Lou playing 5 minutes in the second quarter and that's it. Guaranteed it will be more than that.

Also while Harden is clearly the "PG"... and while Harden/Gordon/Williams leaves a lot to be desired defensively... Harden is big enough to guard 3s. With Dekker being hit or miss the last 25 games or so and Ariza also being so hit or miss I definitely think we'll see this trio in action.

If Harden, Bev, Gordon, Dekker and Ariza all drop about 2-4 mpg that gives you 15-20 mpg for Lou. But he'll get more especially as MDA figures out what works or not in preparation for playoff rotations. He'll certainly take some
    Of Brewers minutes even though it isn't the same position. Dekker might be the one seeing the most pt reduction since he's basically a rookie, has struggled a bit, and MDA isn't likely to consistently go 9/10 deep in he playoffs. Assuming Nene is player 8 (he has to be given the dearth of bigs otherwise) that makes Dekker 9th man at best. Of course Dekker plays some small ball PF too.

Lots of rotation stuff for MDA to figure out but that's one area he's frankly been pretty surprisingly great at. The only quip I'd have this far would be the volatility of Harrell's minutes. The development of Harrell could be huge in the next two years.

da_juice likes this.
  11. threepointshot3

Lou generates fouls and gets to the line as well as anybody. He and Harden are going to be racking up the fouls on teams.

justtxyank and DonKnock like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Small ball. More pts and less defense with more 3 guard rotations.

13. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

What number will he wear? #23 is retired.

14. eslate22

eslate22 Member

#32... KJ won't need it anymore

15. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Good call. We had another Sweet Lou wear 32.. Then again that didn't end so well.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm not a brewer hater I actually defended him all the time but Lou Williams is a lot better especially for this team.

Lou is playing at a superstar level scoring the bakstball this year.

Does he keep it up? I don't know but even if it regresses just a little that's still are second best scorer on the team and we still have Gordon and Anderson who both have shown the ability to get 20+ on any given night.

The rockets have been at there best when Gordon scored 20+ points. With Lou here you can bank on one of the two getting 20+ and that's going to lead to play much more like December than January.

This is going to improve the rockets a lot.

People will be even happier than they are now come playoff time.

da_juice and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

being tall and quick isn't relevant when there's no game plan to hide a person that is hurting your system more than hurting it. He tried to make up for it with intangibles but even then it wasn't helping much because there's other guys on this team that make up for that. He knows it himself, had he been hitting more shots he would probably still be here.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Lou is looking like a small budget Harden with the way he is running the offense and making great decisions with the baskeball. I'm much more excited than when this trade was announced. This should reduce James minutes by at least 3 - 5 minutes per game. Wow, do it Lou!

Imagine Harden, Lou, Gordon, Anderson and Ariza on the floor together. It's a wrap, who are you going to leave open. Put Anderson in PnR with James with Gordon, Lou, and Ariza in the corner waiting for the rock. It's a wrap!!

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That bench is nasty.

Gordon, Lou, Dekker, Harrel, Nene...everyone on that bench can play. If we can nab a veteran center I think we can surprise a lot of people.

Just has that feeling of a team that is so deep that it masks a lot of issues the team actually has.

YaoMing#1 and da_juice like this.