1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lost our little baby boy on Monday - GoFundMe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IBTL, Jun 29, 2023.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Sending prayers to you and your family. <3

IBTL likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Our prayers are with you and your family. I saw you met your GFM target but sending something anyway.

IBTL likes this.
  3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks man, yeah we did. But sincerely appreciated either way :)

daywalker02 and NewRoxFan like this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This popped into my head so I thought I would share: I worked with a guy who lost his wife about 8 years ago. His boss started a GoFundMe to help out and it quickly exceeded the $5k goal (which I knew was for burial, initially). It ended up pushing to close to $50k. This guy is super nice and everyone loved him, and he had three kids, two of whom were his adopted niece and nephew from his wife's side of the family, so the need for help was pretty great. He ended up using a good chunk of that money as a down payment on a new house in a much nicer area with a better school district for his kids. Thinking back, he really didn't need the money, but it absolutely helped change his family's life for the better.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just saw this post. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

IBTL and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. the shark

the shark Member

So sorry to hear this. Hope you and your wife are hanging in there. Praying for you both.

IBTL likes this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

That's pretty cool. Wow. Life is interesting.

#47 IBTL, Jul 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
  8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

FrontRunner, Yung-T and IBTL like this.
  9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

So sorry to hear this, IBTL. May you and your wife find peace through this.

IBTL likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Travis - Heartbroken for you and your family.

IBTL likes this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

AroundTheWorld and FrontRunner like this.
  12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this. Been out of town for a few weeks so just seeing it.

All the best to you and your family, Travis. We lost our daughter at 38 weeks back in 2009. All I can tell you from my experience is to be there for your wife, but YOU have to mourn too. Don't forget that. Society tells us that the man isn't supposed to be sad over things like this, but that's BS.

Again, so sorry to hear this and all the best to you and your wife.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that too man. Did y'all end up having a successful pregnancy after that?? That's what we are the most concerned about. Trying again and same results. Sigh. Trying to be hopeful.

Good advice overall.

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We did. We lost our daughter because of a blood clot in her umbilical cord, so when we got pregnant again (after a year and a half of trying) my wife had to give herself blood thinning shots every day for 9 months basically.

It was definitely a stressful pregnancy because of what happened before. We were super paranoid that it would happen again - probabaly me more than my wife, believe it or not. Any time I couldn't feel them moving around (twins) I would make my wife drink a cup of coffee to get them moving again. OBGYN visits twice a week, shots in the stomach every day, just not a fun pregnancy.

But yeah, it all ended with healthy twin boys who turn 12 next month. Not sure how old you and your wife are, but we were in our late 30's/early 40's when we finally got pregnant.

I got a tattoo with my daughter's name and birthdate on my left forearm last year. Only tattoo I have and only one I will ever get. It really helps me cope with what happened. Now she'll be with me forever.

Sorry, really not trying to make this thread about me. Just trying to give you some perspective. How old are you guys?

15. no_answer

no_answer Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your wife.

IBTL likes this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Aww man, that really stinks. That made me laugh in these times about you and giving you wife a cup of coffee, lol. Don't know why, but I imagined it and it was amusing. OBGYN twice a week and shots in the stomach, no fun. I hadn't thought about a possible tattoo to remember our little boy by, but I like the idea. Not that you said go out and get one of course.

The thing that sucks so much about this is we'd been trying for years, then finally we decide to do a few rounds of IUI, and then a round of IVF. IVF was the miracle we'd been looking for, for a while due to the sexual dysfunction caused by some of the meds I'm on. We did shots in the stomach for a while, shots in the butt for a while, the plethora of patches/drugs my wife was on while we got ready for IUI and IVF. Not to mention it's a bit expensive. We potentially will have the funds to try again maybe later this year or next year, but we were really hoping it would happen for us this time around. Hate for my wife to go through all that again, but we'll see. We are leaning towards doing it all again. I'd be scared to implant two embryos though just due to how the preeclampsia and cervical insufficiency ended up dooming our pregnancy. I figure twice the embryos, twice the risk. I don't have any scientific basis to back up that thought process, but we might just do one embryo again.

We have 4 boys and 3 girls frozen/on ice, so at least she doesn't have to go through an egg retrieval again on top of all the drugs, shots, visits, etc.

A long answer to your question about how old we are... I'm 37 and she's 35.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You and your family remain in my thoughts. condolences.

IBTL likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hope things go much better for y’all the next time.

IBTL, Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

So sorry to hear this. My wife dealt with pre-eclampsia so I know how scary that can be. No parent deserves to have something like this happen to them. I hope your family finds peace during these times and takes comfort in knowing all the people that care about you all.

You two are going to make it through this and get blessed with another pregnancy and newborn healthy baby. I know someone who had a similar tragic thing happen but then had 4 babies afterwards (and she was in her mid 30s having these babies).

ima_drummer2k, Yung-T and IBTL like this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

That's really encouraging.:)

Yung-T likes this.