1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Lost In Translation] Most Worth The Player: SERGIO LULL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Moonscope, Apr 29, 2013.

1. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

At least his rights looks more valuable(tradable) now.

2. Rocket Booster

You took it wrong. Beverley is overrated. Yes, Llull is better than him, but the fact is Beverley isn't all that good. He's hugely overrated by Rockets fans.

I was not implying anything to Hinrich in that way. Llull is a way more talented player than Hinrich. What I meant was, Llull could be similarly useful as a player like Hinrich IF IF IF he had a brain.

Then I said, he does not have a brain.

I have had this discussion so many times here in this forum, and no one seems to understand it. No matter how many times I explain it, no one seems to ever listen to what I am saying.

Llull is a hugely talented player, and he's an athletic freak. But the problem is he's a very stupid player. His very high stupidity as a player is a fatal flaw.

He has all kinds of talent, but he has no brains to be able to use it. Rockets fans are basically delusional on this guy and it's because of Morey's false claims about him.

But Rockets fans just can't seem to make the connection on this guy for whatever reason. He's just like some of those super talented American NBA players that never amount to much of anything and actually might even be a detriment to their teams.

Llull has all kinds of talent, but he's one of those guys that makes his team worse, and that his team would be better without him.

3. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Uh, please relax as I have not read your earlier Lull posts. But very interesting analysis.

4. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

To bonfiy something is to make it good.

Bona fide is Latin for "in good faith," or "honest-to-goodness" which is what you all probably mean.

And Sergio's last name is Llull, not Lull. Double ll's in Spanish means it's pronounced Yool.

What is this? Lakersground? :)

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Hahahaha, ok, I'll remember Llull

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

I don't even know if Llull's buyout is any less onerous than before he re-upped in Spain.

It would be difficult to bring him here. The culture difference is huge. The money would also, therefore, have to be significant. Unless he reeeeaally just wants to prove himself in the NBA.

As far as being a "stupid player" as Rocket Booster says, that might be true, can't say. I'm being facetious here, but we already have a guard who clearly overthinks when out on the court (Lin); maybe Morey wants more of a Captain Chaos out there:

McHale: "Sergio? Here ball. There basket. You: score points! Me: happy!"

Sergio: "Sergio score!"

In any case, Morey's acquisition of Thomas Robinson has shown that it's not always the having, it's the getting.

7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Morey needs trade "intervention"?

8. DieHard Rocket

From what I saw in the olympics, I think Llull could be a very good role player (rotation player/potential starter) in the NBA and would fit very well with our team, especially if we land Dwight.

9. Nook

Nook Member

He is no VSPAN though...... right?

10. Nook

Nook Member

Like VSPAN.... am I right OHMSS?

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I was start to follow you thinking maybe this guy watches a lot of game and then you wrote that last sentence. That's when it became clear you either don't no **** about basketball or you are really stupid. Okay the third option is you could be management for Real madrid. Rudy is playing decent in euro maybe you could even be a little influenced that he is on the same level as Llull because he looks pretty out there but to say Llull "is nowhere near as good as Rudy", well that's just stupid. IMO LLull is clearly better. He recently won Euro MVP of the month but I am not even going by that. I am watching footage for myself. You should try that. In the playoffs where stars are born Rudy has disappeared and Llull has stepped up. Llull is shooting 60% from behind the arc and Rudy is shooting 27%.

Watch the games and you can see he is better than Rudy Fernandez. He is more versatile and has a better shot and motor plus he is fearless, an attribute Rudy knows nothing about. Rudy has some nice skills but he is a chicken. The whole time he was here in the NBA he was crying for mommy and homesick. Talent and courage or separate. Llull has both. Rudy is a baby.

Watch how he instigates this fight and then backs away and lets his teammate deal with it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tCDerpBv95I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like Llull and would sign him if the price was right. The thing is the price ain't right anymore. It's a buyers market in the NBA and players are getting dumped so teams can avoid salary cap issues. We can find more value for our buck here if he cost more than 3 a year. Proven players like reddick and Korver maybe even Dunleavy or even vince Carter. Could come in and help immediately. Llull is a good prospect but nothing more at this point.

#31 Old Man Rock, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  12. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Why do we keep wanting to bonify Llull?

13. CertifiedTroll

Llull played behind Rubio his whole career, and quite frankly Rubio is not a good NBA pg. He just does flashy crap that is worthless.
    PBev
    ****s on Llull

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

PBev = James Harden in Russia . That tells you all you need to know.

15. Rocket Booster

Rudy is is a vastly superior player to Llull. Rudy is by light years a better player.

16. Rocket Booster

Llull has never played behind Rubio at any time in his life. They never played on the same club team. They played together ONCE on the Spanish national team. Where they played different positions.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Can someone check if Rocket booster is OHMMS?

18. Rocket Booster

[youtube]NuRCQxMQAIE[/youtube]

I see Rudy Fernandez, but strangely enough, I don't see Sergio Llull anywhere............

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

Who?

Oh right... the dude who'll never wear a Rockets uniform. He can go hang out with Joyce as far as I'm concerned.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

time to bring this guy here. 3 year 10 million deal