1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lost Dog

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kate81, Mar 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kate81

Kate81 Member

I know this is a long shot... but I lost my dog earlier today. He's 3 months old.

I live off Kirby near Holcombe, so if anyone who is in this area that comes across him or a neighbor who had picked him up. Just post in here I guess.

I've did the flyer thing on trees on corners, went door to door to most of the houses on my street and the next. Cause I don't think he could of gotten far. and contacts all the pet clinics/vets/spca in this area.

If you have any helpful tips, please let me know.

He's about 30 lbs now.
    [​IMG]

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

3. Kate81

Kate81 Member

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Just so you now, it won't post immediately. Someone has to screen them first, so it won't be up until some time tomorrow.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Good luck with finding your dog! He looks like a sweetheart.

6. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Yeah I read that, I think they'll send me a e-mail when its posted. Thanks for the help anyway.

Thanks, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully something comes up in the morning.

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

For what its worth, I thought I lost my dog a few years ago. It crushed me. But then 5 days later she found her way back home. I cherish every moment I have with my dog now. I still don't know where my dog went for those days, but I used to live in a somewhat wooded area so maybe she went there for a few days.

Good luck, and I hope you find your pup. People are generally kind. Someone probably took him in and are waiting to see a neighborhood sign pop up. Maybe post a notice on Craigslist as well.

http://houston.craigslist.org/laf/

8. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Hope you find him, he looks sweet.

9. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

good luck, i have a soft spot for pets, especially dogs, and my hurt is just trembling as i saw the picture, i can only imagine how you feel :( :(

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Hope you find him...best of luck

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Good luck finding your dog.

If it makes you feel any better, my bro-in-law lost their family dog last week. She was gone for a good 5 days or so. They looked ALL OVER the place and never found her. Earlier this week, the dog just walked up the driveway one morning like nothing had happened. She was a lot skinnier, but okay.

Dogs have a way of finding their way home eventually. Good luck.

12. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

Your posters are probably your best bet for getting him home. Put them out farther than you think you need to, you would be surprised how far a dog will travel.

You can contact the city pound and humane society also. Good luck getting your dog back. Hopefully, a kind neighbor took him in and is looking for you right now.

13. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Yeah we're hoping some soccer mom picked 'em up and waiting to find our flyers. But no word yet. And we've made a post on Craigslist already also.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and help.

14. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Aww, he is adorable!

I hope he is found safely.

15. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

16. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Arrggh. Everytime I see this phrase I think of that movie Taken. Anyway I hope you find your dog. I'm not that far off from your area but I doubt your dog would have gotten this far. I saw a full grown dog that looks like yours but that was several days ago. I hope you find him.

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Thanks for the support, I just posted his pic/info at 2 PetSmart near my place.

I'm running out of ideas.

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Good luck. I would be beyond depressed if I lost my puppy. :(

19. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I remeber reading something about dogs wondering off in the direction of the wind. Some dog owners have found their missings pups in this fashion.

Also, as someone who lost a pet, I always checked the gutters just in case.

Try the SPCA. Call the city to see if they made any cleanups in your area. I know it sounds horrible but for us when they said "no" it offered hope.

My sister did this and we got some weirdos calling wanting money. Very sketchy.

20. Asian Sensation

That's a very good looking dog.