1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lose-Lose Situation For Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyT43, Apr 13, 2017.

1. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Whether we win or lose this series, the Rockets will ultimately come out as losers.

If we win the series, Harden and the team's efforts will be undermined by the cronies who say his supporting cast is infinitely better than Westbrook's.

If we lose, well, I hope I don't have to explain this one.

The only way we can come out as being "real" is a second round win over San Antonio, and they've shown the ability to best us this season and most likely will do so in a 7 game series.

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Win is bad.
    Lose is bad.

But Win Win is good?

What about Win Win Lose? Or Win Win Win Lose?

3. alethios

alethios Member

I personally prefer the win win win win scenario. I don't care much for perception, but it's hard to argue wins.

BigShasta and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  4. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

If we win we go to the second round of the playoffs and OKC goes home so that's a win. If we lose, then OKC moves on and we go home, so that is a loss.

Classic Win-Lose scenario if you ask me.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is only one way out of this. Be a Finalist and beat the GSW, and Harden exploding.

The media will always have a narrative but if you beat the GSW, at least we beat the Spurs and the Warriors who had the best overall records this year.

Even if we lose to the Cavs or Boston, that does not really matter. Of course we'd have to win in the Finals as well.

Crapshoot.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Who gives a flying **** what people think about our supporting cast?? On what planet is a series win a BAD thing?? I'm so sick of this MVP talk, and how it's trumped the fact that we're a mothertruckin' 3 seed with 55 wins, and a REAL chance at getting to the WCF.

Kim, HRox832, Buck Turgidson and 6 others like this.
  7. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

What about when you win but you really tie?
    OP is this you?
    [​IMG]

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

You're probably right op but in the end, if we win well, that's what really matters...as for th rest, who ****ing cares.

9. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

As clever as these comments have been, I still stand by my opinion. As much BS as the media perception of a player/team is, it has an effect on the team's play (look at last year). This team will get no love or validation unless we beat the Spurs. Other than that, we're just another regular season team that will never be given the time of day when it comes to legitimate title aspirations.

10. Fyreball

Last year's team was a mess from the inside. There was a massive rift in the locker room, and it leaked out into the way they played together. It had nothing to do with media perception. This year, you can see the total change in attitudes, and the way they actually get along with each other. I'm sorry, but your opinion isn't founded in any type of reality. It's just being pessimistic for the sake of being pessimistic. You realize you actually figured out a way to be UNHAPPY with a playoff series victory??? Let that sink in for a second.

nacho bidness likes this.
  11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I can't wait for this Harden/Westbrook BS to be over and done with

YaoMing#1 and PyroTex like this.
  12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Who honestly gives a s*** what the perception is if we win? Your actual reaction to winning this series is going to be eye rolling? I've been a Houston sports fan for too long to give a crap about the national perception of our teams.

There is absolutely no such thing as winning a playoff series being considered a loss.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Really? You're taking this stuff way too far. If we win the series then who cares what they would say? At the end of the day, we've advanced and OKC will be getting ready for summer vacation. I'd rather win the series and not get validation than to lose and get ridiculed and mocked.

This whole season would be an absolute failure if we were to lose in the 1st round.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's almost like you're suggesting there's some pre-ordained set of narratives, along with a tacit agreement to follow them, among members of the sports journalism establishment and purveyors of fine hot-takery to denigrate a team known as the HOUSTON ROCKETS BASKETBALL CLUB and all of its members.

Interesting, I'd like to hear more......

heypartner likes this.
  15. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I personally will take great joy in sending the Thunder packing. Unless you get all of your sports digest from Clutchfans, we will get no credit as we always do.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Actually even if we WIN the NBA Championship we LOSE because team and supporting cast would have been too good. It's a LOSE situation no matter what happens. Next year is our year tho!!!

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

No its a win-lose situation.

If we win then we win the series

If we lose then we lose the series.

It is as simple as that. Stop letting a talking head be the judge and jury on whether or not you are allowed to enjoy victory. Thats mentally weak and lame.

If we win then I will enjoy victory

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. Fyreball

And my contention would be, "Who cares?" Beating the Thunder in a playoff series would be far more gratifying to me as a fan of the Rockets than anything some dumbass in the media has to say. Also, this year's team is FAR more likable than the WCF team 2 years ago, and we all know why. And, while all these media members might be jocking for Westbrook, one thing I will say is that they have all shown (at least most of them) respect for what MDA and the Rockets have done as a team this season. I don't think you're going to see much hate from the media during this post-season. Just sit back, and enjoy it man. I have a feeling we're going to watch something really special.

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

How is winning a playoff series seen as bad? In any way?

Because you are that worried about what the media says about the Rockets and what they say about Harden as MVP?

Goodness I can't wait for the MVP talk to be over.

If you win a playoff series, that is good. If you lose a playoff series, that is bad. Seems simple? That's because it is.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nope, that's still a win. People can always talk. I've been sick of the MVP stuff for a while now. At this point, it's all about the playoffs. Finals MVP is something worth getting.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.