1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Looney File] GOP Candidate: God is angry

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Mar 19, 2014.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

:eek:
    I don't know and I am not going to cop out by creating a myth about the origin of the universe. There are scientific theories on how the universe began but non on why. So my answer is "I don't know". I don't fear uncertainty as religious folks do.

2. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

She isn't loony - she's a Republican. She is an accurate reflection of the things rank-and-file Republicans believe. Like Todd Akin, her mistake appears to have been saying aloud what everyone's thinking.

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Well I was watching Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman and it just kinda had me thinking about everything. I don't fear uncertainty either but we all have our own beliefs.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_C-za7t8QVE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

trolling maybe?

um no.

In the US, 41% of Republicans actually support Gay marriage. Some polls have the numbers climbing as high as 52% in some places.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/31091/republican-support-for-gay-marriage-jumps-to-52-percent

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Then why do Republicans keep voting for these clowns?

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

this

The last time the Republicans won the Chicago 9th Congressional District was in the 1940s. Fringe candidates can get nominated, because no one cares.

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

We should probably just keep all the GOP crazy here in one thread.

Rep. Thomas Carmody Wants The Bible To Be Louisiana's State Book

House Bill 503 was filed in Louisiana this session by state Representative Thomas Carmody (R-La.), reports KTBS. The bill proposes making La.'s oldest state-owned Bible the official state book.

Randy Dill of Shreveport, La., came up with the idea in 1988, but had failed to find a lawmaker willing to back his proposal until now.

"The Bible was their main inspiration along with our forefathers--Washington and all of them," Dill told KTBS. "They looked to it for their inspiration for our country. They called upon God to help us."

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member