1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like Yao Ming got inside Boozers head, check out his comments:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rob English, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Rob English

Rob English Member

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_5725777

When Boozer was asked, and, then, pressed again, whether the length of Yao Ming bothered his ability to shoot more effectively, the Jazz forward declared his postgame interview session over.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_5725793

Jazz: Yao smothers Utah's front line

...both he and Okur generally seemed unwilling to challenge the 7-foot-6 Yao Ming near the basket. Asked how much of a factor Yao played in forcing the Jazz to take outside shots, Boozer first credited Yao with being a "great player," then bristled. "I'm not talking no more," he said. "I'm done."

2. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

Yao's defense was superb tonight. He altered a lot of shots and Utah players were more hesitant to drive into the lane while he was hanging around the paint. That's going to be key for us in the next few games.

3. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

LOL! :D :D :D looks like someone got owned!!

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Boozer needs to realize the fadeaways aren't going to get the job done but I will at least give him credit for attempting to score in the post at times. Okur, on the other hand, looked too scared to do anything besides chuck three pointers.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly right.

yao shut down the paint. he wasn't being attacked, but he was definitely attacking them.

6. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

Boozer has a good mid-range jumper. I think he just had an off night. Yao did challenge every one of Boozer's jumpers tonight but it's not like him putting a hand on Boozer's face every time. Expect Boozer to hit those jumpers as the series goes on.

7. houst-mac

houst-mac Member

If Yao can put his hand on Boozer's face everytime he shoots it's not a miracle if he keeps missing those shots, it's very though to hit jumpers on 7-6 guy

8. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

You might be reading too much into that, thats really a hard question to anwser. He can't say hes not bothering him because thats just going to piss Yao off and he can't say he is bothering him because that would make him appear un-confident.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You beat yao by going around him and making him foul. I'm supprised Sloan didn't prepare Boozer well enough.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are correct, but Boozer isn't very quick off the dribble. Elton Brand can torch Yao because he has more range than Boozer and can force Yao to come further away from the basket, to the point he can just go around him if Yao takes the bait. When Boozer goes that far out, his jumpshot isn't reliable.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Boozer did beat Yao off the dribble a couple times, but Rockets generally did a decent job with the help D-- either Shane or Chuck would rotate over for some type of help...

One problem when he did drive is he'd get fouled and sucked at the FT line last night.

Over all though, a tiger can't change its stripes. Boozer game is the midrange J, and he ain't gonna stop shooting those.

12. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Yao might be the best in the league at playing "scare the crap" out of the shooter defense. He changes jumpshots by his mere presence. I saw it several times with Boozer. Boozer had enough space to make the shot, Yao didn't have a hand in his face, but just because Yao was in front of him, he had a hitch in his shot, and missed it.

13. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

This is what Boozer meant to say "We will see what happens next game"

14. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

Okur: I no go inside to Yao, I shoot 3's

15. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Boozer's really not quick enough to beat Yao off the dribble. If Yao can do a reasonable job in preventing Amare from beating him off the dribble then Boozer doesn't stand a chance.

16. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Isn't the stock answer to questions like those is "I'll make adjustments for the next game."

17. metalshred

metalshred Member

I guess boozer will use his action to answer the question in the next game. Good luck Yao! The fans r waiting for u to kill him and okur again.

18. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

the Jazz can't win without Boozer and Okur having good games

19. PumperX

PumperX Contributing Member

All I noticed is that Loozer's shot almost hit the Toyota center's ceiling every time. Oh wait, I meant Boozer. :D

20. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Expect foul trouble next game, they'll attack relentlessly and put the onus on the referee to make the call. That usually does not bode well for Yao. The next game will be way harder than the first one.

Hopefully we are making shots, and TMac plays two good half's of basketball. We should be able to squeak out a victory if Shane, Luther, and Rafer's shot is on.