1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like our season is coming to an end

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Apr 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Agreed, the 22 win streak was our "championship" as far as I'm concerned, especially winning the second half of it without Yao. Teams win championships every year, that streak may happen once in a lifetime...

2. rocketrazorback

rocketrazorback Contributing Member

What happens to these guys in the playoffs. They lose all their confidence. Luther Head can't make a shot if his life depended on it. Luis Scola needs to stop talkin to the refs and play ball. Stop goin for the steal. He was makin Okur look like he was quick. Just ridiculous!!

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its a SEVEN GAME Series!
    I'm not going to Brooksball the season yet!

4. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

trade Yao :D

5. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Watching T-Mac smile and laugh before the last 20 seconds play was pretty much the definition of him to me. I've backed his ass since he came here but now I'm pretty much done, and couldn't care more if he was gone next year to be honest. :eek:

6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

he is pissed off but I know that's probably just how he handles being mad.

7. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Yao's foot injury could happen to any big man. Its just the way it is.

1) With Yao back this rockets team is as good if not better than most teams out west. Yao changes the whole dynamics of the game and he is not there.

2)the rookies are going to get better. most rookies suck their first year. D-Williams hardly even played his rookie year and now look at him.

8. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

Sorry to say this, but considering his summer time Olympic duty, my guess is that Yao would be running out of gas half way through the next season. I knew he worked out hard and all, but he's also a lot taller and heavier than other players, you just cant work them big fellas like mules.

9. killtaker

killtaker Contributing Member

The season ended TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2008 12:26 PM CST..
    Everything after this point has been a nice bonus.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

I feel even if Yao were healthy, this series would be tough.

This is RA's first year and he inherited JVG's players, except for Landry and Brooks. Next year he will put his finger prints and styles on roster change. We need people who are good at scoring sorely, not just defense first type player like Hayes, and to some extent Shane Battier. We need shooters, need players that can be threat offensively. Look at Utah, outside their big three, they've got at least 3 to 4 more offensive weapons. I think this is pretty obvious by now.

11. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

I think Scola will fit in nicely at PF. The main hole is the PG position. I think a good PG will solve most ills and finally push us over the hump. A decent backup C beside Mutombo would be nice.

12. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

seattle join southwest, and rockets go to seattle that'll work

13. aaronnguyen

aaronnguyen Member

If anyone would like to jump off this band wagon they are welcome to do that. But I am riding on this wagon until the end. Rockets have not given up yet why us. Do our heart can not stand the tough test?

14. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

the reality is down 2-0 and having to win at least 2 games in UTah makes this series near impossible.

We need more scorers

15. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

im confident Adelman will tell Morey what he needs in order to succeed. i expect a huge overhaul. T-Mac, Yao, Battier, Scola, Landry, Brooks, and probably Rafer will stay. Head and Francis should be on their way out.

16. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

We need to upgrade or get rid of 1-trick-ponies who ineffective when the game slow down. Head, Hayes and Deke and Novak got to go. It's like watching 1 vs. 5 game everytime. Tmac and Yao won't compensate for these players inability to create shot or play defense.

17. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

NO, lets go Rockets.

18. vmac

vmac Member

Looks like this thread is coming to an end

19. kejohn

kejohn Member

Yao and Tracy have demonstrated that they can win in the regular season without a good supporting cast. But to do anything in the post season some serious changes need to be made: Big Power Forward, Consistent Point Guard, Consistent Outside Shooters, more athleticism, more size. Thats almost a complete overhaul. Morey might be different, but Dawson and Rudy did not really make many good personnel decisions over the years as compared to other teams like the Spurs and the Jazz.

20. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

who's a free agent point guard this summer?

We can not win with a CHUCK HAYES out there ... he's just a black man's Ryan Bowen.