1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks Like Ivey or Banchero For Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jun 1, 2022.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

How does Jalen Duran compare to Mark Williams regarding defense and switching ??

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No to Ivey.

DD

Little Bit likes this.
  3. Moahst

Moahst Member

Paolo Banchero is that guy who will play well enough to get a max contract but not really ever move the needle toward contention. He's somewhere in the mold of John Collins meets Julius Randle meets 2nd-half-career Amare Stoudemire. I'll have my fingers crossed that Orlando or Oklahoma City see something in Paolo.

ApacheWarrior and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know where this Mark Williams can defend on the perimeter talk is coming from.
    Duren? I haven’t seen him do it in game a ton. Both are paint type centers that excel in drop coverage and can use length to stop driving lanes, but putting them on an island on the perimeter? I don’t see it

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

This essentially means Ivey is a superstar. This idiot is always wrong (and I don't want Ivey but I would reconsider now)

6. alethios

alethios Member

I'd rather get Keegan Murray or Shaedon Sharpe over Ivey, but any one of the top 3 bigs (Chet, Jabari or Paolo) is who we should pick at #3.

Little Bit and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Draft Ivey and trade Green for the next next Corey Brewer (whoever that is in the draft)

alethios likes this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Even if he doesn’t have a great season for the Rockets, he is still likely to have good value in a trade on his rookie contract after it. I don't think his attitude and behavior will be like Wood.

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I think you’re selling Banchero a little short.

maj21 and matchesmalone like this.
  11. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

12. saleem

If Houston wants Ivey, they should try and get Sac's top 3 protected 2023 1st round pick.

13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Houston would like to trade back with Sacramento, thinking they would
    draft Banchero......problem is I'm hearing chatter that they (Kings) might draft
    Ivey as well. People wanting to pair Fox with Ivey......but they drafted
    Davion Mitchell last season which forced out Haliburton.

Rockets are having thoughts about Ivey as well.....pairing with Green despite
    drafting Josh Christopher last season.

Thunder chatter is pairing Ivey with SGA and Giddey.

The one that may not be having internal discussions is Magic.
    Since they have Cole Anthony, Fultz and drafted Suggs last season.
    But who knows......

There is a reason teams like Ivey......because he does comp to Ja Morant
    Professional scouts see it. Do i see Orlando or Thunder picking Ivey
    #1 or #2.....no, but trading down to #4 or #5 is an option. Even if they
    don't land Ivey....Sharpe is available.

#53 ApacheWarrior, Jun 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2022
    ilovehtownbb and saleem like this.
  14. TheBeastSystem

Doesn't help us. We want to increase our odds of drafting VW in 2023.

15. saleem

We will still have a high pick plus a good pick from them too. No guarantee of VW. He's not strong enough to be a superstar like KG.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think you can go wrong picking Ivey or Banchero. There's just no real way to know the future for either player and I assume the Rockets do their homework to a degree that no one in the media comes close to.

I could see KP3 at the 3 with Ivey are point - what a starting trio that would be.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  17. saleem

An excellent post. Presti is a clever man. He can trade SGA for the 4th and grab Ivey, plus take either Jabari or Chet at 2. I hope the Rockets won't trade the 3rd for Sharpe at 5 plus another Pacers player.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I actually kinda agree with you but get to a different conclusion. I think he will deserve a max contract but won’t be the best player on a contender. But I do believe he can be that second guy on a contender. And I would be more than happy to draft a guy like that with the 3d pick (and I do believe Green can be that number 1 guy on a contender…).

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I'm pretty sure the Rockets interest in Ivey is just propaganda. I'm not an insider, but I'm pretty sure that the FO sees KPJ and Green as the future backcourt of this team and one of the best 1-2 tandems in the league. My prediction is that KPJ has a better year than Jalen Green, but both excel this upcoming year. Sometimes showing patience and providing a positive framework for young men pays off for both them and the people that provided the support. Every year fans go crazy over a few guys most have only seen play a couple of times. It would be really stupid for the Rockets to expend valuable resources on a guy who plays the same position as their 2 best players and hasn't done anything but looked like one of the 5 best players in a fairly shallow draft.

maj21 likes this.
  20. maj21

maj21 Member

Exactly!!