1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[looks like] i'm in madrid

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OmegaSupreme, May 31, 2011.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

[​IMG]

so yeah... i've gone to the plaza mayor, plaza de oriente, and chueca. i plan on the prado tomorrow. any other suggestions? side trip to toledo or high speed train to barcelona for a day?

:confused:

main thing i wanted to do was to mix it up with the common folk (/rocket river) instead of this trip being a chore like every other trip i've been on. however, i do want to see just a couple of more sights in the next five days.

suggestions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:grin:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nice pics :grin: (except for that guys ass)

I'm heading to Barcelona on Friday, I'll share some pics while I'm over there

1 person likes this.
  3. OmegaSupreme

awesome. :) i haven't decided yet. it's a three hour trip from what i understand when taking the train. either there or toledo.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

BTW, that are you shooting with (camera)?

I bought a D3100 for my trip and get to baptize it over there.

5. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Interesting.

If that dude in the first pic is you, and that scenery in the background is Madrid, then yes indeed, it does {look like} you're in Madrid.

I guess that last pic is the one of you mixing it up with the "common folk"?

Seriously though, if you want to mix it up with the locals, I'm thinking night life with some good music and beverages would be my angle.

1 person likes this.
  6. OmegaSupreme

ha. i'm just using the cam on my hp (palm) veer. hella small webos smartphone. pics seem to come out decent with it.

7. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Absolutely badass. I want to head there soon. I've always thought about living in Spain, architecture, colors, food, life, all seems beautiful there.

Please continue to share the pics!

1 person likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nice pics!

1 person likes this.
  9. Garner

Garner Member

Get down to Andalucia.

You can catch the "atoche" to Sevilla. Great city.

1 person likes this.
  10. OmegaSupreme

drinks are definitely out of the question for both of us. we may check out a club tonight though. trouble is that i hear they don't get goin' until super late (3 or in the morning). not sure i'm up for that.

it is absolutely beautiful here. people are uber good lookin'. galveston is home though. i already miss saying hello to passerbys on the sidewalks. here they just kinda look at you funny.

thx, xero. :)

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

very nice pics...Madrid is on my wish list of places to visit...I would go to Barcelona, but that's just me...

1 person likes this.
  12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Nobody suggested you pull the all night disco rave... I don't think you'll have to wait that late to hear a little music and see some locals, and deliberately I merely said beverages. You do drink liquids, I assume.

Good luck and enjoy, nice pix.

13. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

This is probably due to your fashion choices, which I too have some issues with. Denim on denim is outdated and the Pierre Cardin hat isn't working. Everything else looks impeccable.

1 person likes this.
  14. OmegaSupreme

lol. :grin: thanks for REGULATING, ronny. i do have to admit that i stick out like a sore thumb here. outer shirt isn't denim, but it along with everything else is several years old or more (other than the t-shirt recently purchased from wal-mart for five bucks. seriously).

you may be right though. it seems ray ban specs and manbags are in right now. i just can't pull off most of the stuff that i see people wearing here. maybe back in my early twenties i would have tried. i did see some yellow sperry top-siders that i liked yesterday. i had to look up pierre cardin, btw.

thx for the suggestion. :)

crazydave, i'll definitely check out the night scene either tonight or tomorrow. may try a club in the area called cool.

garner, i'll read up on andalucia. thx.

1 person likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Toledo has the virtue of being close to Madrid. The castle and the Old Town are pretty amazing. Seville and Granada in the south for Moorish Spain. Also amazing. (you're also getting closer to the beaches!) I loved Barcelona. Honestly, you could go to all of those places and just scratch the surface of Spain.

16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Barcelona is amazing. Can't go wrong.

Also Gibraltar is really cool too but it's past Seville.

17. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I'd also recommend a pair of fitted jeans. It's amazing the difference in look and feel between a pair of fitted Levi's and the one-size-fits-all carpenter jean.

One of my favorite clothing stores is Zara. It's Spanish (formed in Galicia) and very affordable. I recommend checking it out before you check out the nightlife. There is a lot to choose from and their clothes fit slim frames very nicely.

Spain is the most fashionable country in the world after Italy. I think they invented the junkie look because of how much they love to experiment with clothes. This also means doing too much like wearing vests and scarfs when it's hot outside (and the man bags you mentioned), but it's interesting to note the attention they pay to detail when it comes to clothing.

Have a fun and safe trip.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

museo del prado is really really nice

for clothes, i like armand basi and caramelo

19. OmegaSupreme

as for the prado suggestion, i'm going tomorrow. we took deckard's suggestion and went to toledo yesterday as opposed to barcelona. couldn't see ourselves spending over five hundred euro to spend less than a day there.

today was great. we ended up going to one of our meetings (english speaking) and a group of about ten of us ended up going out to dinner. folks from wales, ireland, australia, and of course spain. had a blast.

toledo below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

under your suggestion, ronny, i did get a summer scarf from el corte ingles (a five or six story equivalent of a macy's), but not wearing in the pictures below. just not really practical. temp goes from pretty hot to kinda chilly depending on where you're standing at the moment. i did bring out the prada jacket though (so there). :) i know my fashion sucks, but i live in galveston (nuff said).

20. updawg

updawg Member

good pictures, brings back memories, I went in '92

Check out Salamanca if you get the chance, great college town with the best Plaza Mayor