1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like I'm going to the Rogers Cup (tennis) Quarterfinals

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by s land balla, Jul 18, 2008.

1. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I'm going to be in Toronto for work next week, and just found out we got tickets for the Rogers Cup quarterfinal next Friday. Hopefully, I'll get to see Federer or Nadal play!

I've never been to a live professional tennis tournament, but it seems like it'd be really fun to watch..anyone ever been?

2. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I've been to the tennis masters while here in Houston and went to a woman's tournament way back when just to see Steffi Graf. Fighting to get her autograph was fun as a kid. :).

Best seats in my opinion are right behind the baseline. Don't have to shift your head from side to side and plus you get a better idea of how hard they hit and the type of angles these guys hit on their shots.

3. twhy77

twhy77 Contributing Member

I thought you were going to play in it.

I guess watching it is ok.

4. s land balla

Hah, I just realized the thread title might be a bit misleading after I posted..

5. Trip

Trip Member

I volunteered for the Rogers Cup two years ago. It's the only big tennis event I've seen so I've got nothing to compare to, but I really dislike the stadium, Rexall Centre.

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I guess you going to York University, I graduated from Schulich school of business, too bad it's summer time, but this school has amazing women, from every ethnic background you can think of, truly amazing :D We were ranked #1 by plenty of magazines.....

Anyway you are going to find parking a mess, I went a couple years back....... other than that it was fun.

Oh yeah don't hang around that neighbourhood (off campus) it's dangerous according to our standards.....

7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Right-o, right-o! Smashing news!

8. s land balla

Ehh...I live in Chicago.