1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking for Cabin Camping Recommendations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRowdy111, Jun 28, 2010.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Im turning 30 in a few weeks, and wanted to do a getaway. Does anyone know of any cabin style camping places or retreats that are nice. Hopefully something with some fishing, canoe rentals, and stuff like that nearby. I dont need anything large, just me and my fiancee going. I wanted to stay somewhere within a few hours of driving. Either Texas or Louisianna. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if i remember, garner state park has cabins. alot of families will go out there. it gets crowded this time of year though. and i think you can canoe out there.

dont believe there are cabins, but if you are more into camping and doing some good hiking i would go to lost maples - my favorite spot in texas after big bend. its really beautiful out there - its about as mountain-y as you can get in the hill country. no canoeing, but there is a nice little swimming spot thats quite refreshing this time of year.

if you arent so much into 'roughing it' you could just go to fredericksburg and make a day trip to enchanted rock, which is about 30 minutes away. i go camping out there quite a bit too and its really nice. you could easily spend a full day out there wandering around.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Concan down on the Frio river has some amazing cabins....

DD

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"Watch out for live-ins...you're gonna get some live-ins."

5. RedRowdy111

Got any more info on this?

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I've also been looking for a place like this. A nice cabin that has things like fishing but also some nice enough amenities that the wife will like it.

7. RedRowdy111

The places we usually go are booked for the week we need, but are really awesome to bring the princess, lol.

Try this:

Artesian Lakes in Cleveland, TX

and

South Toledo Bend
    (Louisianna National Parks is the contact but they have awesome cabins for $90 a night. I promise you will love it.)

8. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member