1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking for a new ISP. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by farrisdabis, Apr 15, 2009.

1. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

We're located in Missouri City and we're pretty much fed up with our AT&T DSL. Speeds are way too slow and it literally disconnects at least 25 times a day at random times. We're looking for a new provider and price is not really an issue as long as it's not some crazy price.

We've also heard Comcast is terrible in our area so my question is: Are there any ISP's providing fiber optic connections in our area? Any smaller, local ISP's you would recommend. Any help would be appreciated.

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I had the same problem with AT&T DSL in Spring. They just bs'd me on customer service. I got dropped all the time. I switched to U-Verse internet and I have not dropped once since then.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

See if you're qualified for uVerse from AT&T. They have some great deals going on in various parts of the country.

4. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

If you want U-Verse, do you also have to get their TV service? I'm very happy with DirecTV.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've read in forums where people with DirecTV have gotten uVerse Internet, but I'm not sure if it's always available like that or if you'll pay an arm and a leg for it if you get the uVerse Internet by itself. Call up and ask.

I got a package that's going to be installed next week for tv, internet, and phone service from them. I have AT&T for cell phone service, too. AT&T pretty much owns me. :( The only reason I did this is because the package saved me about $50/month off the cost of AT&T landline phone, Time Warner cable, and AT&T DSL.

6. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Thanks, man. I'll check it out.

7. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Att&t "partners" with DTV, where you get like a $5/month discount off your internet bill for being a DTV customer. They will try to sell you U-verse (naturally), but you'll be eligible for that discount.

I dropped DTV for U-verse about 2 weeks ago, and I love it. I am a big DTV fan too, but U-verse is saving me about $60-$80 per month by bundling all my services. No more Sunday Ticket, but that was going to be a recession casualty already anyway. I highly recommend their service.

8. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

I forgot: Total home DVR is the best thing ever.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I'm assuming they don't have League Pass either then? Looks like I have to stay with DTV in that case.