1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking back and ahead at the Cavaliers (Artest mention)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tb-Cain, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Looking back and ahead at the Cavaliers

click link for the rest of the article

throwing artest on a 66 win team would be interesting. i'm sure lebron would much rather play with artest than against. not to mention the drama of playing in the same division as detroit.

2. Dei

Dei Member

It's gonna take way more than Ron Artest to turn that team around... like, a whole new team + coach.

3. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Cavs are way over the cap, no way they get Ron unless Ron would settle for MLE.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

when you have wally world taking up 13 million, Varajauo (whatever) about to opt out, Ben Wallace trying to retire it's time to start fixing things financially. They need to get younger and make Lebron the Elder so as not to embarrass the older guys(Wallace, Big Z).

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If they want Artest, they'll have to learn to properly misspell his self-appointed nickname.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The only way they could do it would be a S&T with us.

DD

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

S&T with Houston. I think Houston would do it depending on who they could get from the Cavs.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Good thing they aren't trying to turn around the team, but rather take the next step. They've been to the finals, and were in game 7 of the Eastern Finals last year. Artest would be perfect for that team because right now they only have LeBron to play defense on Turkaglu & Lewis.

9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Instead of the Cavs, I keep thinking playoff teams in the East should be the ones looking at signing Artest to control Lebron. Surprised he hasn't been linked to more Eastern conference teams.

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

*other playoff teams in the East

11. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I can't see Ron Artest getting along with Mike Brown or respecting him at all. Brown's style is to delegate to his assistants and just feed the ball to LeBron -- I can't say that's really a type of coaching that deserves a Tru Warier's respekt. He's not gotten along with any other coach than Adelman, to be honest...

12. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

His mere presence might be intimidating enough to decrease the hard fouls. However, with the way the league tosses him out of games for minor infractions, he wouldn't be able to actually do anything in retaliation.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if we could get varejao for artest that would be awesome!

But that's the only player i think we could possibly be interested in.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The only way the Cavs get Artest is if they do a S&T with us, and there isn't anybody on the Cavs I want outside of LeBron or Mo Williams. So basically, no dice.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

LeBron and Mo Williams are the only 2 players that would make it a good trade for Houston and we know Cleveland is not trading either of them.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Nobody wants Wallace's expiring contract? It seems like Cleveland could make something happen with that and clear $14 million to get another legitimate player.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I would take Big Z, Delonte and a pick.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

I'm just not feeling an backcourt of Aaron Brooks and Delonte West because of the size. Big Z would be a good backup for Yao but I would rather just sign a backup Center than to trade Ron Artest to get one. That pick would be pretty low but Morey is pretty good at evaluating talent. I still would rather sign Artest back than to make that deal.

19. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Ditto. Either Varejao or Zydrunas Ilgauskas would be fine with me for a backup C. Delonte would be good as a penetrating SG and as a 3-pt threat. Only disadvantage is the height of the backcourt but I think Adelman would make it work.

20. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I wouldn't want anyone on the Cavs in a S&T, except of course Lebron. I do not know how that team acheived so much, the role players are not that great, i think they were an extremly over acheiving team

Chilcutt