1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lonny Baxter signs for Italian side Montepaschi Siena

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smadag, Aug 7, 2006.

1. smadag

smadag New Member

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ter_signs_for_italian_side_montepaschi_siena/

Lonny Baxter signs for Italian side Montepaschi Siena
    7th August, 2006 - 10:20 pm
    Associated Press - Forward Lonny Baxter signed a one-year deal with Italian team Montepaschi Siena.

"I am here to win. I cannot wait to begin this new adventure in Europe," Baxter said Monday.

The 27-year-old forward also said he was "happy and proud to be able to play for a great organization like Siena."

The American joins compatriots Joe Forte, Terrell McIntyre and Shaun Stonerook at the club, which was third last season

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Okay...

Well its not like he was gonna help us.

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

What did we trade him for?

Lampe?

I really thought it was hilarious that anyone gave up anything for him, even if it was just a jar of farts.

4. Win

Win Contributing Member

Sadly, yet another example of stupid, useless meaness. A simple good luck to Baxter suffices.

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I agree, I should make my posts more succinct.

Blow me.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

bogans...it was a pretty nice trade.

7. ak47

ak47 Member

yeah bogans helped us but his shootin wasnt great.

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I don't know why you are knocking him. He hustled more than anyone on the court and had talent...he just didn't have the size or athleticism. Too bad we couldn't combine him and Stromile.

But yeah, we got pretty good value from him in Bogans...even though that turned out to be short term.

9. Win

Win Contributing Member

Criscos' "Blow me" comment simply proves my original point... Kinda sad, really.

10. kingkow

kingkow Member

this is the saddest thing happened to me besides the time when juwan attempted 2 3pters

11. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I rarely like to interject into discussions, but I must say I have zero respect for you after reading a post like this.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Your post doesnt become classy by usin a big word

13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

If the point is that you have a stick up your ass, then I agree.

And I don't give a crap about gaining some anonymous poster's respect, fwiw.

And thx for the answer robbie. Getting Bogans for him was pretty nice. Too bad Bogans couldn't make enough of an impression to stick around.

Baxter was an okay end of the bench hustle player, but let's not get carried away now, he was no Pig Miller.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I know all these kids dreams are staring in the NBA, but living in Italy, having other Americans there to ease your transition, still getting paid good money...life ain't too bad Lonny!

15. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

If you think 'succinct' is a big word there's something wrong with you. Win was out of line anyway.

I think that's a smart move by Baxter. It's got to be fun for him to finally get some playing time.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Good Luck Baxter and congratulations!

17. Ryan Bowen MVP

he did it for the food

18. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

No he did it for the women! :D Now that's a spicey meatball.

19. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

joe forte? wow.

i remember when that guy was going to be a bona fide superstar. i had completely forgetten about him. i remember there was a thread like a year back talking about him...but i totally forgot since then. weird.

20. MandM's

MandM's Member

No one but the Rockets ever tried to make this guy into a superstar. He is just another example of a player that was never capable of playing at the NBA level consistently.

Long, Long list of guys that the Rockets seemed to "discover". A year later, out of the league.

Makes you wonder about their ability to evaluate talent.

We have wasted too much time on scrubs. I appreciate their effort, but moral victories are for losers. The NBA is about winning.

Hays and Head also are causes for concern. And a gigantic screw up could be with John Lucas 3. All play hard but it remains to be seen if they can play at this level effectively. I really don't think that Hays has a future in the NBA except for the Rockets. Same for JL3.

Just my opinion, but the history leans that way