1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lonny Baxter 11 Boards!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tested911, Dec 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tested911

tested911 Member

Ok I didnt get to see the game last night but when I checked to box score I couldnt believe my eyes when he got 11 boards to go with 8 points , 1 steal in 23 min.. only thing that looked bad was the PF with 5. WOW

To me if he can rebound day in and day out like that we should start him over Swift.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a hustle type of player.....IMHO, he should be playing above Ryan Bowen.

DD

3. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

baxter has jumped the shark.

4. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

yeah.. Baxter had four fouls in the first quarter... but then again they were calling fouls like mad for everyone.

I am glad to see him hustle.. if the Rockets continue to shoot under 25%.. I can see Lonnie Baxter setting the NBA record in offensive rebounds pretty soon. :eek:

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

He should be getting more minutes, he has an offensive game as well. It is time for radical experimentation.

6. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

It's easy to get rebounds when nobody can hit a shot.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I agree. He's got some post moves. He's got a more refined post game than he gets credit for. He needs time on the floor to be able to figure out what moves he has to use against the taller defenders.

Baxter was the anchor of those good Maryland teams with his inside game. And he's got that innate nack for rebounding positioning. I think the weakest part of his game is his one on one defense, because of his lack of height, and his lack of range. I don't think we could look for the 15 footer from him. But his offensive game could make up for some of those deficiencies. He's got more post up game than Stromile by far and is close to Juwan if not better than Juwan down there and he's the best rebounder on this team.......by far.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sure, start him. what does it matter? tmac will be tripple teamed until yao gets back so it's not like baxter will lose these games for us.

9. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

No doubt.

I think I could have stood in one spot on the Rockets half court and had the ball just hit me 20 or 30 times.

10. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

true.

u get a little more offense with baxter, especially good low post offense. Plus he gets you boards, offensively and defensively. and god, someone just take bowen out the pasture.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Maybe you shoulda stayed under the bucket???

12. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

:D

Too sad... I love'm anyway. :)

13. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Finally! Someone from the bench besides Head who can produce! I hope I don't jinx him with this post! Can he do it for more than one game? Please, please, please!!!

14. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

When baxter is OUT-PLAYING you're Star signing, you know you're in trouble. swift sux.