1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Longest losing streak in NBA history (28 gms)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not a contender in sight!

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Having a long losing streak is the best thing to happen for them. Whether they bigger the record... or slip in a win and go another another long losing streak I don’t care.

I dont like a Tilman as an owner... but it’s 90% because of one action - the CP3 for Russ trade.

clos4life, xaos and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  3. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Stone would be willing to lose all the games for the rest of the season to assure that 48% at a top 4 pick. Feel free to Tank him now or Tank him later.

4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I have faith our pick will land at 5. Silver's payback for China

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

This losing streak is like watching a really bad movie (like Killer Klowns From Outer Space). You know that what you are watching is terrible and that you should spend your time doing something else but there is something so comically bad about the movie that you can't help but keep watching.

Every morning after a Rockets game, I go check the scores to see if they finally won but alas, they keep pulling me back in so I am all in for rooting that they break the record. With Silas coaching them, I have no doubt that it will happen.

joshuaao, Big Time Titan and B-Bob like this.
  6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Killer Klowns from Outer Space was awesome bro. Staple 80's horror cheese & fun

Big Time Titan and Manny Ramirez like this.
  7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I love that the first person to like this comment was the user @Patience - too ironic, ha!

8. Le$$

Le$$ Member

9. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Then they can do a 30 for 30: 30 for 30 the rockets bursting after liftoff

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Why let it get close? We’re maintaining our focus and putting these games out of reach.

francis 4 prez and Kim like this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets can finish with the worst record without setting notorious history. Not sure why fans want such negative stigmas on the team they claim to like/love. I don't mind losing 26 games, but mix in a win so we don't have to relive it historically. Ideally, I'd rather have the 2nd worst record (at worst) and still get the #1 pick. Rockets need to choose wisely with their pick too whatever pick it is.

12. Houstunna

Supporting Member

The difference is, movies aren't as city-centric as a city's sports franchise -- meaning movies aren't city/area named like EVERY team is -- thus, movies aren't intended to degrade said city.

So, go ahead and cheer for Houston shame. Houston's Sports History likely has you in negative mindset to begin with.

13. Manny Ramirez

A wee bit touchy, are we? Oh come on, dude - the alternative to this is to cry and life is too short for me to cry over a sports team so I am going to do the next best thing which is to laugh about it.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree. No need to celebrate shame. And no need to want to break the losing streak record. We only need to be one of the 3 worst team to get the best percentage for the top 4 picks. Some of it is Harden lovers wanting to glorify Harden's exit, or Tilman haters wanting to stick it to him, or both. It's like emo kids wanting to hurt themselves in order to stick it to their dysfunctional parents.

But a lot of this is sarcastic self-loathing. You've got to be able to see something bright in the dark to stay sane.

15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

No, the best thing is hoping your team executes without notorious record-setting happenings.

The concept is easy to understand, but you've already proven a lack Houston fandom overall, so I understand your wackness.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

17. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe the basketball gods will take pity on the Rockets and somehow let them break the streak against the Nets on March 31st...~

18. Manny Ramirez

B-Bob likes this.
  19. PatBev

PatBev Member

If you can promise me a top 4 pick then I don’t care if we lose every game the rest of the season lol

the losing will help the young guys build character

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

For Cade? We can do it.