1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LOL] Houston Road Rage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by el gnomo, May 14, 2016.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm not a perfect driver. I make mistakes, but luckily others around me are always nice people.

I once was on Westpark driving happily while listening to Simon & Garfunkle when some dude in a black Escalade ran a light and cut me off, almost causing me to hit his car if it wasn't for my elite ninja reflexes to violently hit the brakes. I honked at him angrily with my mean face and then saw that the breh was this huge Suge Knight looking kinda guy. So I stopped and slowed down. /E True Hollywood Story

2. Buck Turgidson

Anyone who drives slower than you is an idiot, anyone who drives faster is a maniac.

3. nono

nono Member

The crux of the matter is that there are too many dumb people in Houston. The best people are really in the high income liberal cities like Seattle, Austin etc. Houston is the opposite unfortunately.

4. Buck Turgidson

This is correct.

BTW, people can't drive for **** in Austin either.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Austin has some or the worst drivers in America. It has nothing to do with being "high income" (Austin really isn't) or liberal.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Watching that video was weird. The guy talking has such a calm, soothing voice...a complete dichotomy to the action he was recording.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Showed this to the wife and told her that if she blew up in some dude's face and started a physical altercation, I would not intervene to defend her honor; she'd be on her own.

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

LOL sorry for laughing but I don't know anyone who has encountered this many incidents like you have. with so many, maybe you are part of the problem? its like the kid who keeps blaming everyone else for running into the same problems. there comes a time when you might have to start looking in the mirror.

i do think if everyone followed the "drive fast in the left lane" rule, traffic would be smoother. even if im going 70 or whatever in the left, I will switch over for the jerk that just needs to go faster.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

ima's guide to freeway driving:

1. set cruise control to 70
    2. drive in 2nd to left lane
    3. pass to the right (or left when right is not an option)
    4. relax

11. SuraGotMadHops

Road rage has gotten worse in Houston because traffic (and roads) has gotten worse. Driving around town is an absolute chore now, it is almost a zero enjoyment activity and because of that, patience levels have also dropped to zero.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

There's a simple rule for driving in Houston: ***** or get off the pot. If you don't follow that rule, you will be punished. What doesn't get that, and is duly punished on a regular basis.

[​IMG]

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

"If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into assholes all day, you're the *******."

2 people like this.
  14. hvic

hvic Member

Freaking hilarious

15. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

To reduce road rage and tailgaters:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, yes, and my left lane comment I stated that 'what' thought I was teaching him how to drive on (****ing a, I never told him how to drive or anyone). I'm also not advocating tailgating or swerving around etc, but was only an example, so funny though, I now picture him in the left lane driving 50mph in a 70 with no traffic :) and probably on purpose I'm gathering. No, not really, what.

Anyway, in Austin I see it a lot more often vs Houston (and it's not some unicorn here unfortunately), some highway hero gets in the left lane not passing anyone and not going slower because of traffic conditions (rush hour etc) but actually drives below speed limit, that is all I was saying was bull****. So then in a perfectly clear middle lane or right lane you have to go around these people (all within the speed limit). There's no reason to be passing slower traffic on the right lane (unless there's some accident where people merge over etc).

This was the law I was referencing earlier that turned into a big debate, you don't see it in Houston due to the crazy driving, but I do encounter it a decent amount Austin.

http://jalopnik.com/5501615/left-lane-passing-laws-a-state-by-state-map

Here's a real image of a highway hero:

[​IMG]

And this is a good example of the sh 130 in/around Austin that has the 80-85mph speed limit (depending on section).

On a side note, if I'm going over the speed limit and passing cars on the right of me and some jackass wants to go way over speed in the left lane, I'll just move over to let them pass, there's no reason for them to put more people in danger trying to swerve around me. I'm not going to impede them, let them drive 95 in a 65, they'll get a ticket and be the hero while I'm only doing a few over :)

On a side note I'm used to both Austin and Houston driving, and I also realize in Houston you probably won't see this as much depending on parts of the town (due to ****ty traffic/rush hour/time of day etc)

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, perfect, this is probably easier to follow for some of us ;)

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Did you sleep on the couch last night?

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And for the foreseeable future?

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Got a ticket for doing 70 in the left lane on 610-E after Stella Link.

Effin speed traps, when you cause the natural flow of traffic to suddenly slow down, how much good are you actually doing?