1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LOL at Westbrook

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dandorotik, Nov 7, 2013.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

And the Thunder as a whole, they whine about Beverly's actions and then they pull sh** themselves:

The chippiness and physicality was on display throughout, and one element in particular stuck in Crowder's craw, according to Dwain Price of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram:

"You saw it," said forward Jae Crowder, who came off the bench to pour in 17 points for the Mavs. "I don't know what type of guys they think we are, but they thought we were going to lay down and the guys felt that and we just tried to stand up to them, and that's where it went tonight.

"I'm not surprised that it went that route because those guys talk a lot of smack and they can get under your skin with it."

Russell Westbrook (22 points) apparently got under Crowder's skin with 1:32 left in the game because they both received technicals for exchanging some unpleasantries.

"The play before that when (coach) Rick (Carlisle) called a timeout, (Westbrook) threw the ball at me," Crowder said. "That's when Dirk (Nowitzki) was talking to the refs and saying it was a delay of game, but he said it couldn't be a delay of game because we called timeout.

"But he threw the ball at me, he hit me, and I didn't like that at all. It's disrespectful."

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/ZzcXTiVd5gE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/ZzcXTiVd5gE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

They're all hypocrites. When Westbrook does the play on Lin during a timeout its all good, but it's dirty when Bev does it. Might make me look real bad, but I'm glad Bev pulled that **** on Westbrook

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Westbrook honestly seems like a punk. He takes his competitiveness to an extreme, and he comes off looking like an ass most of the time. It's also why it's easy to get under his skin, which then causes him to go off the reservation with poor shot selections. That being said, he's a phenomenal athlete, so he makes up for it most of the time.

5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

They get a pass because the Mavs are the most annoying franchise in the league

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am going to cry. :grin:

7. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

When we play OKC, I really hope we come out wearing knee pads and protect our bodies, because I feel like they'll be attacking.

8. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

Westbrook hasn't forgotten about Beverly. Im not looking forward to Dec 29th to be honest

9. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Not a fan of Westbrook, but his game is a treat to watch. The dude is a specimen.

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I think Westbrook is a very talented player but he needs to get his temper under control. Basketball is an emotional game but so many times he acts childish or retaliates when something doesn't go his way. I don't see other star players acting like that. The real sad thing is that the media all think it's his "fierceness" and "ultra competitive nature" and while it might be so, he takes it too far.

11. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I'm not worried. Beverley will attack back.

12. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

goran dragic ain't taking any of westbrick's schits!

13. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Man I am psyched for the Rocket Thunder games this season. Westbrook is an irrational hot head whose blood is going to be boiling about his injury last year. And Beverley is not going to back off at all. He may do the same exact thing again when Westbrook calls a timeout. God I hope he does. God. I. Hope. He. Does.

14. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I've only watched a couple of his games this year. I guess his "thing" is going to be screaming f*** after every make? He gets a "thing" right?

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

So true. He reminds me a lot of a guy I knew in high school. Who was an undersized shooting guard playing the point. He and Westbrook were pretty much the same way.

I'm surprised he's taken to playing 2nd fiddle as well as he has.

16. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

From reading your posts and threads, I can't decide if you are 12 years old or just dumb.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, at least he threw the ball at a man, not at a woman like Lowry did.

18. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I know what you mean- I'm not glad that Westbrook was injured, of course, but I'm definitely glad that Beverly did that. Now, if he was sticking his feet under Westbrook like Bruce Bowen used to do to players, I'd definitely have an issue with that. But he did nothing wrong. Yet, even last night, after Westbrook has been back for several games, I watched the first 10 minutes, and they had to show the clip where Westbrook got injured by Beverly's "questionable" play.

Seriously, I think some of the sports sites and networks operate on a high school mentality and like to stir up s**t just for the sake of doing so. I guess it can't just be about sports anymore. What a joke.

Yes, and Westbrook's a phenomenal player, but I saw him doing that too-yelling after every play- he's going to keep getting knocked on his ass if he keeps it up.

19. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Dont worry Bev ain't scared of anyone including Westbrook.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's a thunderfan.