1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I actually like clutch citizen's ideas...i think it justmlooks "wrong' because he either used a bad photoshop program or rushed it, but i think he knows that. I think once touched it it'll look great. Yes it's similar to the retro logo, but i like how there's actually a rocket in there. Jerseys don't look bad at all either.

That being said, i'm glad they adjusted the current uniform's cut and material. It really needed it. Hopefully we'll get black unis in the future.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Its not bad but the lettering is too thin and sparse in relation to the basketball. I don't think it will read well from a distance especially on uniforms in a stadium.

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

That's freakin sweet!

Can someone make some potential jerseys for this!?

4. kevtse

kevtse Member

you are affronting graphic design :mad:

1 person likes this.
  5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Thanks!

The logo(s) I did was a rush job. I had an idea and wanted to post it on here, so I slapped something together. The thickness, final font, polish, and all that other jazz still need to be done. Unfortunately, I'm not that skilled haha.

To the graphics artists on the board, please feel free to polish it up.

6. jrett121

jrett121 Member

we have such potential for a cool logo, the R is so boring when we could have something actually involving a rocketship. not the smiling rocket with teeth, but an awesome, explosive rocket.

when the texans came to be in the early 00's, they had a bunch of local advertising firms compete to design the logo. i think they could do a similar process to develop a new thing for the rockets. or have a fan contest.

and, when we overhaul the team, it would be the fresh start of a new era.

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I like the current logo fine the way it is. I don't like the trend to over-simplify and/or retro-ify everything... Our logo is simple and clean enough while still maintaining some style. Leave it be.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's my shot at a new logo based on the classic logo.

[​IMG]

Thinking of something graphically simple that will stand out from a distance. Got a few other ideas might take a shot at later on.

Just noticed the red seems washed out but that may just be my screen. Let me know if the red border is showing up.

9. jrett121

jrett121 Member

or, how about...

[​IMG]

...but with "Houston"

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you my friend have Graphic design talent. I can feel this one.

11. rawool

rawool Member

My lame attempt of a logo similar to the Pistons.

[​IMG]

12. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

We really need to fix the cut of out jerseys. The extra wide shoulders makes our fat fans look fatter...kind trailer park-ish. I think of t-shirts with the sleeves cut off...

13. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

The lettering looks like something out of Loony tunes, but I think it's on the right track.

Out of curiosity, can anyone with photoshop talent use the old logos background and blend in the new logo's lettering? Maybe get the Rockets wording from the jersey and slap it on top of the mustard/gold basketball. And also update the colours so the red on the old style part of the logo looks less washed out and deeper like the current red.

I have the ideas, just not the talent haha.

14. victorx91

victorx91 Member

Something I whipped up in a bout 5 minutes just now. Sorry if the Rocket looks like a genital... just scribbled it on for a little mock.

[​IMG]

15. victorx91

victorx91 Member

[​IMG]

Inverted coloring.

16. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

This inverted version is much better. But it looks like a kid just fingerpainted the logo.

I say it's the perfect format. The way the rocket is angled is great. Maybe use that format, but have more detail in the Rocket so it actually looks like a rocket (and not the shark looking rocket of the pajama era), rather than make it look like a rubber ding dong. lol.

17. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

nice to have a discussion about since our logo and jersey kind of sucks.

I think the best thing the Rockets should do when they change jerseys is to hire a designer that actually works with logo/jersey designs and not an japanese artist along with Steve francis that designed our current jerseys.

Not to be rude but all the logos posted in this thread kind of sucks.

18. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

The current jerseys and logos are ugly as hell.

Bring back the classic red and gold, and make the jersey the classic cut.

That's all.

19. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

This is on the right track. I like this concept a lot. Maybe take this idea and use normal solid lines instead of the brush texture for the outline and Rocket

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

OK, now it really looks like a cocknballs.

LOVE the direction this one is going. Just needs a little font tweak and some potential for a secondary logo. (i.e. one without full words on it)