1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Local NBA announcers rated from best to worst by fan voting.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Phreak3, Jan 28, 2016.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The top half of the list is also interchangeable, with itself and the bottom half.

Local announcing crews are all mediocre. Even when they have guys that do national stuff, they are still just average on the local crews.

That being the case, I usually listen to different crews all the time. If you listen to any one group repeatedly, it becomes torture.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I think last year they were rated best

Was posted somewhere

But rating them last is absurd. I mean there some fukin terrible announcers out there

edit, just went to number 1 and saw the NYK announcers claiming that spot, this is just terrible

I'm ashamed I gave them a click

3. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Doc Rivers' incessant whining seems to have negatively affected their rating. I think they're pretty decent.

Bingoooo> Bang

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

As a New Yorker, Nets and Knicks are by far the best.

Followed by Pelicans and Heat.

I don't really know much about the others.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

6. bmd

bmd Member

Pelicans' blow ass. Joel Meyers is boring and David Wesley sucks.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Does this mean we get Ben Simmons?

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That wasn't a fan poll. It was a much less biased look at NBA announcers

I don't trust the fans of other teams. Rockets are one of the most hated teams around the league.

9. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Pelicans used to be better, but it seems they complain more this season. Denver is by far the worst whiniest complaining bunch ever. Rockets may be home team guys, but Bull tries to keep it real a good deal, and reels the others in. I'm surprised at their low rating, but then I don't complain about such things like some, and Harden and Howard have a lot of detractors around the league for various reasons so I can see a fan poll reflecting that. Screw them.

On another note, I love hearing JVG do games in general. Dude just tells it like it is, with a dash of ridiculous.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Clyde might make dumb comments, but Worrell is just simply hopeless.

'Number 1 draft choice' - um?
    The guy consistently shows an ignorance of both what the Rockets are trying to achieve, and in general, basketball.
    He actually sounds like he is one of the overemotional fans who post here about things that have no basis in fact....

Feel sorry for Bullard, he seems to know what he is on about. In my opinion he would be one of the better colour guys in the league.

Needs less Bill + Clyde, get rid of them and get us someone who knows the game!

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This actually just shows that we have the whiniest fans I think. It's not like there was any one voter who had listened to all 30 local broadcast teams.

Each team's vote is made up of, basically, their equivalent of the CF community. Too funny.

12. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Kings deserves that high spot. Grant Napear is awesome!

13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Clyde is just terrible.

Bull isn't too bad. Repeats himself every game with what he wished he would see officiated. But at least is insightful.

Bull this season has been great. So sick of Harden most of the time. Calls out the players. Is the opposite of a homer this year.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Lol. This isn't a surprise

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The heat have good announcers

16. BackdoorHarden

Clyde is the worst homer.

The Celtic guy is just as bad of a homer.

I like the King guy. He's always ripping Cousin for his stupid tech. If Clyde was calling Kings game, he would blame the ref instead of Cousins for being dumb

17. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, Bill and Bullard seem like pretty much middle-of-the-road announcers. Clyde is just such an outlier compared to every other announcer he skews the results.

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  18. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

It's unfortunate that Bill & Bull get dragged down. Yeah, they're homers, but they're good announcers, and most crew's local guys are homers.

Clyde is so bad by himself, he makes the crew deserving of the 30th place. And that's just really, really sad.

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Honestly, I think the Rox announcers being rated last is a by-product of the fact that we have Harden and Howard on our team -- two guys who seem to generate way more than their fare share of fan-hate.

Still, I cringe every game when Worrell identifies some #24 draft pick as "a #1 pick in the ____ draft." He doesn't get that there's a difference between calling someone a first-round pick and a #1 pick. Weird.

20. dmoneybangbang

I don't mind the homerism, I just can't listen to Clyde anymore. I just picture him showing up 15 minutes late after playing golf, not knowing who the hell the Rockets are playing. He's one of my all time favorite SGs but the man says a lot of dumb stuff.