1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Local (Houston) Talk Radio Host Calls for Blowing Up of Mosque

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ima_drummer2k, May 28, 2010.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Thanks CrazyDave. I appreciate the criticism, definitely something to think about.

Though offending isn't always enlightening... every enlightenment started by offending someone. I try to have a pretty good "FG%", but may not necessarily succeed.

2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I can remotely see this, yes. But that's the crux of the problem here. Muslims are trying very hard to show that the WTC was NOT blown up in the name of Islam. It was blown up in the name of [insert something non-Islam]. We just want non-Muslims to see that most (by a huge margin) Muslims are against terrorism MORE than non-Muslims. Afterall, the extremist are using our religion for their dirty work.

The fact that the relatives of the victims believe that extremists will use this Mosque as a "bwhaha we're taking over" type of thing is just buying right into the extremists' view. Nothing would make Osama Bin Laden and his loonies more happy than to make the West believe that they are the face of Islam.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Interesting. So the only victims of the attacks died? What about the thousands that were injured? Not victims? Is that some thing from your religion?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

See you actually don't know that, you are just making assumptions......that's ok though.....

For your info, I am hardly a scholar but I have read some, and followed the historical context of when the religion was founded etc.

I just don't find it credible, probably because I don't believe that God or an angel spoke to a man, I have a real hard time believing in that.....just me personally, no harm intended.

DD

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I doubt they are against it MORE than non-Muslims, but I do believe they are just as against it as the rest of the people who value life, whatever their religion.

Isn't that up to the victims to decide, if they were involved in this project...maybe they do a Mosque/Church, that serves many faiths it would be seen as a much more "TOGETHER WE RISE" moment.

DD

6. Mathloom

Supporting Member

My bad. By victims, I meant those who passed away. Was not belittling those injured or even those who weren't injured but were in the area.

Why on earth would you think that's something from my religion? That's odd.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This seems to be a common theme in your posts - you expect/demand that in order to disagree with Islam, at least one must have spent time studying it. Isn't that a very demanding attitude in itself?

8. Qball

Exactly, Dada. My fit started when you linked that one website with quotes from the Quran with "translations" (lol). But then you have someone versed like Mathloom who tries to prove otherwise but you go completely def to his words. Why would you believe that website instead? I just don't get why you give credit to that website but not to Mathloom. It definitely appears that you are only entering conversations not to ask questions but only to criticize.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Every enlightenment started by offending someone....like....oh, say...drawing a cartoon of Mohammad?

GOTCHA !!!!

;)

So tell me what websites would you approve of that question Islam?

Do you see the problem there?

DD

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

because that is all you ever talk about when you are not talking about illegal drug usage.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What does this even mean? For it to serve one faith by necessity it doesn't serve another. You can't go to a building and sit in a service with Baptists and Muslims and have both of them served according to their faith.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If the real goal is to promote understanding and to care for the victims, why not start a relief fund and collect donations for the victims? That would be selfless, as in 100 % clearly not furthering any other goals than mutual understanding and helping the victims. Building a mosque, on the other hand, could be seen more as having the main goal of further pushing the agenda of spreading Islam or even (maybe mistakenly) seen as a signal of triumph.

13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

DD,

Although I don't know this for a fact, your commentary on Islam has shown (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed) that your information is highly highly deficient.

I understand why you don't find it credible and to each their own. I was just trying to explain the impression I get when you speak about Islam. I don't know how true that is (as you've pointed out), but that is nonetheless the impression you seem to give.

I hope that's not offensive.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

So, you can't have a building that houses a couple of different faiths?

You just sort of wrote out one of my biggest reasons for not liking religion.

"I am more right about God"

"No, I am more right about God"

Me: "Prove it"

DD

15. Qball

You can say the same thing about the person who started "Draw Mohammad Day". Did he/she ask the relatives of the danish cartoonist or any other person killed for depicting the Prophet?

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I had no interest in discussing this with you honestly.

I say that with complete sincerity and my desire to do so shrank to almost zero when I saw that you threw in the word "demand" into your post.

Just for everyone else's benefit, I did not say what you imply I said. Thanks.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Me: "Just don't worry about and stay out of it."

I guess you could have a building where different faiths worshiped in different rooms, but seeing as how Christians/Muslims believe pretty different things, no, you couldn't have a place of worship where they were both worshiping together.

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Nope, not offended in the least.....

Have you studied the contradictions in the quran, or what Mohammed said?

What about the Satanic versus?

I am sorry Mathloom, I can respect that you believe, but you have to understand, as much as you view me as someone who is unstudied about Islam, I view you as someone that is dogmatic about it.

To each his own I guess.

You sure can......

DD

19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

You seem angry that I talk about religion a lot. Is this something that bothers you?

The reason I'm interested in illegal drug usage, btw, is because I am baffled about why alcohol and tobacco are legal in several Muslim countries.

So in reality, I'm always talking about religion when not on the GARM.

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Alcohol/Wine in the Quran is one of the contradictory things.....

In one instance it says that it is to be avoided, and then in heaven the rivers flow with it.....huh?

DD