1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Local (Houston) Talk Radio Host Calls for Blowing Up of Mosque

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ima_drummer2k, May 28, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I certainly support the rights of both sides to offend others....that is part of free speech.

Doesn't advance the peace process much...IMO, but they have the rights.

Free country.

And I was pointing out Mathloom's hypocrisy on the matter, those people that want to build the Mosque are not doing it to "Honor the victims" because if they were they would have the common courtesy of talking with them to see what they thought....and hopefully get them involved.

A unified project would have greater impact than one that is jammed down their throats...

DD

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Inciting violence? Doesn't sound much better.

I'd like to see him fired for the comment.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's not needed. These Muslims are extending a hand to the relatives of the victims and simultaneously telling the terrorists to "talk to the (other) hand".

The victims, btw, have passed away. The relatives of the victims, with all due respect to the tragedy they've endured, are not and should not necessarily be sources of authority on such matters. This is, for example, why they don't set the policies for the Department of Homeland Security even though they may disagree with those policies. They are free to voice their opinions, and their opinions will be of great interest, but they still do not and should not necessarily set those policies.

Also, DD, it is quite interesting that you are now supporting common courtesy. What of the common courtesy of asking all the millions of Muslims in the world if drawing Muhammad PBUH as a terrorist is offensive? I am fully aware of the degree of difference in the two examples, but the principle remains the same. Should courtesy be extended to potentially offended people or no? Or do you think you should decide who has a good reason to be offended and who doesn't based on your values? Isn't that the equivalent of projecting your values onto others? The freedoms and rights provided by the law are protected in the case of both: those who want to offend Muhammad PBUH and those who want to build a mosque, so that's irrelevant.

So interesting.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Not interesting at all, I said as much in the previous threads.....

It is the right to offend that I am/was defending.

Still doesn't help all that much in getting greater understanding out there.

Look, you know what I think of religions in general, I could post an entire thread on the contradictions in the bible or the quran...but what would be the point?

Most people would take it as an attack, and no real discussion would happen, faith is like that, people ignore contradictions because it undermines something they believe in, for whatever reason they believe in it.

And you sir, just completely ignored your own hypocrisy on the matter.....

:grin:

No doubt, at the very minimum and apology and suspension....

DD

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Apparently not.

No, it does not. You are totally comparing apples and oranges.

6. Mathloom

Supporting Member

1) and I could post about how the earth is flat, big whoop.

2) I condemned violence, supported the rights in every matter (cartoonist, french, anything), and supported the "right" to be offended. I was also a SUPPORTER of not offending people for no good reason. I stick by all of those.

3) I must admit I baited you into this one, but regarding the "asking them if it's ok":

Game, set, match. Thanks for playing.

7. Mathloom

Supporting Member

You are COMPLETELY wrong. It is a big apple and a small apple.

1 person likes this.
  8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

my point was you got upset when someone made a personal attack on you, yet didn't care when you were making personal attacks on me in another thread. to top it off, three more are followed up on me in this very thread.

i really don't care. i've had probably hundreds of personal attacks thrown my way in the 12 years i've been coming here and i haven't reported one post about it. i just think it's funny how some of you like to personally attack me and then say you're above personal attacks.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

But we could scientifically prove that you were wrong....faith is just that...unproven and personal...and people that have it will defend it to the bitter end no matter the evidence showing the contradictions of it.

You also said that the cartoonist should live in fear his entire life, which says a lot, IMO.

Wait, what, you said they were doing it to support the victims.....

Since when does residents equal victims?

Epic fail.

DD

#49 DaDakota, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Right. They were all "thrown your way" while you innocent lamb threw none.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

please quote my post where i said i didn't throw any. tia!

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

LOL - Upset? No, I was pointing out that all the name calling you were doing was the reason you got banned in the first place.

And 3 more followed, dude....You brought it up....lol.....

Heck who said they were above it? You and I have had a drunken row in the past......

Just not sure why you even posted in this thread to begin with....if you ...uh......don't care.

And for the record, I report ALL personal attacks.....

DD

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

cause i take special joy in pointing out hypocrisy. have a great weekend guys!

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

But but but...you don't care......lol.....but you do care about pointing out hypocrisy, but not really caring....uh..what?

Have a great weekend yourself.....

DD

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Please quote my post where I said you explicitly said you didn't throw any. Thanks in advance.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

i know the kraut's next response will be "that's not explicit", but whatevs.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

And thus the name calling begins......

"Kraut is a German word recorded in English from 1918 onwards as a derogatory term for a German"

DD

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If you already know it, then why do you make the effort to re-post your own stupid post?

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

you're too funny, atw. how's macbeth these days?

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's not the first time...he and Batman Jones have been doing it for years.

Example:

And there are more...

Actually funny how they try to pretend they are all tolerant and open to other cultures, but are very quick with xenophobic remarks and name-calling (aside from the obvious anger issues they both have).