1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Local (Houston) Talk Radio Host Calls for Blowing Up of Mosque

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ima_drummer2k, May 28, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I still can't believe that the Taliban blew up the ancient statues of Buddha in Afganastan.

Either way, both drawing a cartoon of Mohammad and putting a mosque close to the twin towers are tacky, IMO.

But I support the rights of both groups to do it........

DD

#21 DaDakota, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

same ole silly song

is there actual outrage in the chron article or just reporting, just like they reported quanell's statements

3. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Wall Street is filled with people from all over the world. There are mini-churches, synagogues and temples and now a planned mosque. Not a big deal.

Also what other way to show the nutjob extremists the beauty of America than to have a mosque right next to where they tried to 'strike at the heart of American capitalism'.

Thats a pretty crappy comment from Michael Berry and should be condemned. Granted Quanell and others say stupid things all the time too, but that doesn't excuse the fact saying someone should blow up a place of worship for a religious group. Pretty stupid stuff on his behalf.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I didn't get that feeling at all. Did you listen to the call? The caller was a little obnoxious, granted, but I think all he was trying to say was that he was pissed that Berry was lumping all Muslims into the same category as the terrorists that pulled off 9/11. Berry took the high road (yeah, right...) and accused him of using a fake name because he didn't "sound like a Tony". WTF??

I wasn't trying to start a holy war by posting the article. To be honest, I'm still not sure how I feel about a mosque being built that close to the site if it's going to rub salt into the wounds of the victim's families.

Really, the only point I was trying to make was that ....well, talk radio hosts are idiots. I know, I know...like we didn't know that already.

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I think everyone can agree on that.

DD

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I have nothing to say about the layers of hypocrisy in this thread or the article itself, I just would like to mention one thing...

Funny how everyone asks why the Muslims don't condemn the terrorists and then in the single largest show of terrorist condemnation and display of solidarity with the American people, the people who want to build this mosque are being ridiculed and questioned.

Frankly, if you don't want the mosque, I hope to God that they don't built it. You don't deserve for someone to show you their support.

I am so incredibly proud of the Muslims who want to build the mosque. They've drawn a line and quite clearly told the terrorists: Islam sides with the victims in America, not the terrorists in America.

Osama Bin Laden is fuming with anger, just like you guys. Think about that for a second.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't get why people think it's offensive for a mosque to be near the twin towers site. Muslims died in 9/11 too.

It's one thing to say no religious institution should be built near the 9/11 sites, but to single out one is just unamerican in my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I just did. What makes you think that? :confused:

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Way to always make it PERSONAL.

I'm going to hunt you down and punch your dog in the face.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who in this thread is fuming with anger?...besides the guy arguing with DD

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

A fair enough point.

Did these people bother to ask the victims what they thought of the idea, since you know, they are standing beside them, right?

DD

12. LScolaDominates

1 person likes this.
  13. LScolaDominates

Now, calm down there, moes. He wasn't hurtin' nobody (talk show hosts aren't people).

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If the victims want to blame Muslims as a group for 9/11, why should anyone respect that? Its not like they have some special wisdom on this issue.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Hmmmm, you are right, perhaps I was thinking of Projection.

Mathloom said that they were making a point that Islam sides with the victims.....

Common courtesy would dictate that you ask the victims families if they want this support.

Because otherwise, it looks a whole lot like grandstanding to me.....

DD

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Conservatives are so stupid that they can be Jedi mind tricked into saying that houses of worship should be blown up. Classic...

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Terrorism for Terrorism?

18. durvasa

Muslims shouldn't have to ask for special permission. The very act of asking "Is this ok?" is legitimizing the anti-Muslim backlash. Its a show of good will, but if the victims or anyone else doesn't like it because they dislike Muslims then tough. They need to get over their pettiness.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yep, grandstanding...."we will show you our support by shoving it down your throats, whether you like it or not."

Sounds just like the cartoon drawers, doesn't it?

DD

20. durvasa

There is a similarity, but then I didn't have a problem with the cartoon drawers either.